Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-08-2008 , 12:56 AM

Constrain camera to water drop?

I imported my mesh of a simple drop of water splashing into a pool. wondering how I can constrain a camera so that it follows the drop -- so that the drop is centered with the Film Origin of the camera.

Was hoping there would be a way to constrain a face of the water drop to the camera, but not sure how to do it.

# 2 05-08-2008 , 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Constrain camera to water drop?

Originally posted by richchong
I imported my mesh of a simple drop of water splashing into a pool. wondering how I can constrain a camera so that it follows the drop -- so that the drop is centered with the Film Origin of the camera.

Was hoping there would be a way to constrain a face of the water drop to the camera, but not sure how to do it.

Duplicate a face on the model, tell Maya not to render it, and parent the camera's aim to the face?

- Genny
# 3 05-08-2008 , 03:28 AM
i just tried that, but since it is a realflow mesh, there are no translation properties on the face i duplicate so the camera remains stationary.

# 4 05-08-2008 , 03:40 AM
Super Moderator
Then you may need to create a dummy object and snap or constrain it to the drop to get the coordinates right, then do what suggested above.

- Genny