Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-01-2012 , 02:21 AM

Multiple issues :/

Hey all,

1. I accidentally changed my Lamert1 to have a texture, so whenever I create a new poly like a sphere, it has that stupid texture. How do I change the Lambert1 back to the normal flat grey?

2. Whenever I open up a specific scene, my UV editor window pops up for no reason...any ideas?

3. I am projecting multiple UV's on a single object from differnt angles. How do I place all of these separate UV's next to eachother so I can just have one texture file instead of 5??? Every time I UV another angle, my previous UV is replaced by my most recent UV projection!! I just want all of them saved next to eachother so I can paint them all at once in a single file.

Thanks so much in advance,
Brady

# 2 30-01-2012 , 02:57 AM
1. select the default lambert in the hypershade and set its color back to 50% grey

2. you are probably saving your preferences and windows when you close the file. close all the open windows and go to just a perspective view and save and exit and the next time you open the file just the perspective view should be open.

3. you will need to bake each projection into a separate map then combine them back into one using photoshop.

Attached Thumbnails

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 30-01-2012 at 03:00 AM.
# 3 30-01-2012 , 03:22 AM
1. I see your image, but it has a file loaded into that lambert1 and I cannot even click the color in the attribute editor for lambert1

2. Thank you.

3. So let's say I project 3 separate UV's onto different parts of my object. Would I save those snapshots and then combine them all in a Photoshop file, paint them, save it as a Targa and then apply?

# 4 30-01-2012 , 04:12 AM
Lifetime Member
1. I see your image, but it has a file loaded into that lambert1 and I cannot even click the color in the attribute editor for lambert1
Right click on "Color" and select "Break Connection".

Attached Images
# 5 30-01-2012 , 04:13 AM
Lifetime Member
another way to get rid of the image, graph the network of lambert 1 and delete the connection to the file node.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 6 30-01-2012 , 07:07 AM
oh sorry my bad. pixal and jsprog are correct you need to break the connection (the checkered box that has turned into an arrow) and then reset the color to 50% grey

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 7 30-01-2012 , 04:29 PM
Thanks guys!! PIXEL had it right.

Still looking for clarification on multiple projected UVs sharing one file for convenience purposes...if that's possible.

Last edited by betelgeuse4721; 30-01-2012 at 07:30 PM.
# 8 30-01-2012 , 04:52 PM
The thin red line
I think I understand what you are doing, are you selecting the whole object when you are doing your projection this will not work you need to select face for the new part projection.................dave