SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Lighting & Rendering / Light Hard Edges

Lighting & Rendering General Lighting, Camera & Rendering Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

14-10-2007, 02:13 AM   #1
AnthonyCg

Light Hard Edges
I was rendering this image, trying to get the light right(haha) for a while and finally got the settings right, but then I noticed that the edges on the light made it look very unrealistic. Anyone know how to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hardedgelight.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	36639  

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
14-10-2007, 02:16 AM   #2
AnthonyCg

Here are my settings. I also noticed that when I used a linear decay, the light would dissapear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lightsetup.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	36640  

14-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #3
Perfecto

when you use linear decay, yes the light will dissapear. Just crank up the intensity. I mean really crank it up!

Hit the number "7" on your keyboard and then keep increasing the light intensity until your view is looking pretty bright. Then do a test render. That should give you a good starting point to start making more precise adjustments.
19-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
AnthonyCg

I'll keep it going as a WIP here:
http://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=27876