Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 14-12-2002 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
Yeah.

It's all about pushing buttons.

I took a look at it and found that they tell you a lot about HOW to do something, but not necessarily WHY.

But I wan't really sure if my first impression was right, so I wanted to know if someone else knows the book.

Thanks,

Renderizer

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 32 18-12-2002 , 08:48 PM
Subscriber
Mastering Maya 3 might be a good one. The tutorials aren't very good, but it has a lot of in depth explanations of the whats and whys. plus you could pick it up used on the cheap.

# 33 19-12-2002 , 12:44 AM

books and resources

I have plenty of resources as far as books and dvd's about Maya. I'd agree with all whom said the Exploring Maya isn't that good. I find myself picking up Mastering Maya 3 a lot. I am also waiting for may Maya Savvy book from Amazon (I actually wrote Sybex and Amazon bitching at them about what a scam it is to advertise a book that in actuality could have never had anything done on it except some cover art...i mean damn, that book has been advertised on Amazon for over 6 months and the release date changed at least 3 times)...Another good resource is the web...you can find a lot of small tutorials in a very wide range of subjects for Maya all over the web. I like to use Acrobat to open some of these web tutorials and make pdfs from them so I can arrange them with other tutorials on my hard drive...of course these are all my problems that I shouldn't really bother you with.user added image
later...good luck
-drj

just trying to pick a few things up
# 34 19-12-2002 , 08:22 AM
Hi there guyz

What about the bible series, is it any good?

I kinda like it as I used them in Flash 5, and MX

I'm surronded by bibles though I'm a muslim user added image

Happy New year everyone

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.
# 35 21-12-2002 , 11:58 AM

better publising company than bible series

Salam :
i am your muslim brother!
Bible series is really a big bull never buy,never ,never ,never,because these books are really bad
because i read several books of bible series,but always confused
buy the books of friendsofed
www.friendsofed.com
really good books if u really want to do some thing different!

i love maya ,but knows nothing about maya

Last edited by Saiyan; 22-12-2002 at 11:22 PM.
# 36 21-12-2002 , 01:12 PM

Which is the best book for MAya

i think learning maya basic is the first step but some people can't adapt with new book. i just think old maya versions are very good for basics you may find it from somewhere in net
so we might get less head crashing about maya great funciton

# 37 21-12-2002 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
Maya 4.5 Savvy is slated for release in january i think and will include projects for begginer and advanced.

# 38 22-12-2002 , 11:30 PM
May I remind people that language is to be curbed in here. Some people browsing the board are minors so let's keep it clean.

For the Bible series of books I think that your opinion is a bit harsh. Although that there are many books out there that are really not that great.....some of the bible series of books actually helped me quite alot and I am sure helped some others out as well.

It's not the opinion itself, it's the way it's conveyed to everyone else that I don't like.