Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-03-2004 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber

i feel so low beacuse i dont even know what exactly a demo reel is....

user added image hello everyone at simplymaya.com.
am gautam, a newbie and finished my maya and am workin on a project! i have been in touch with many 3d CG sites, and local companies out here! they all have recommended me to prepare a "demo reel". or probably a "show reel". i need to know what exactly is a demo/show reel? is it with sound, or without any sounds? am confused ! please help me out!

# 2 14-03-2004 , 03:10 PM
Subscriber
A demo/show reel is a movie you create for the single purpose of showing off your work for other people to see. It will contain segments of animations you have done (if you have done any) and/or different shots/poses of models you have created. You should not linger on any one thing for too long because you're only meant to show a very short preview of whatever it is you are showing.

Alias has several reels here: https://www.alias.com/eng/community/m...ry/index.jhtml which you can look at. The "Maya customer Reel" for instance shows off all the products/movies/special effects done with Alias' Maya software.

# 3 14-03-2004 , 07:08 PM
You only really need a reel when you are applying for a job, or somtimes university.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 15-03-2004 , 05:00 PM
Arghh this just made me think of my first reel... let me just cringe away into my corner!! user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 17-03-2004 , 05:16 AM