Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-03-2009 , 07:12 PM

Final Kleemann

About time eh? anyways here are two images i will post some more when i get the time to do some more renders
user added image
user added image

# 2 29-03-2009 , 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
Very very nice user added image, solid model, sexy materials. Are there going to be any interior shots?

- Genny
# 3 29-03-2009 , 12:21 AM

Originally posted by GecT
Very very nice user added image, solid model, sexy materials. Are there going to be any interior shots?

yep there will be

# 4 29-03-2009 , 12:26 AM
Super Moderator
Kew, I'll keep an eye out!

- Genny
# 5 29-03-2009 , 11:37 AM
very nice modelling i do think the car paint could use something to reflect as it kinda looks like a matte finish right now but great job none the less

# 6 01-04-2009 , 10:11 AM
Subscriber
dude that is sexy :bow:

btw... how many polys are used in this?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 7 13-04-2009 , 02:27 AM
well im not too sure but everything not smoothed is around the 1.5 million tris.
heres an hdr render, i will post some interior shots but right now im working on hdr cause im not as good at it.
user added image

# 8 16-04-2009 , 10:44 PM
Super Moderator
Really really nice! It melded well I think, only thing that I can crit (and I could be nit picking here) the shadow seems off I can't quite put my finger on it, I think its spread out too much, especially since I can see it at the front of the car, oh and chuck some contact shadows in there too <3.

- Genny
# 9 17-04-2009 , 11:39 PM

Originally posted by GecT
Really really nice! It melded well I think, only thing that I can crit (and I could be nit picking here) the shadow seems off I can't quite put my finger on it, I think its spread out too much, especially since I can see it at the front of the car, oh and chuck some contact shadows in there too <3.

yea shadows are off, cause i forgot to render out with an alpha for the shadow pass, so i tried paint it in photoshop, didnt turn out too well user added image

# 10 24-04-2009 , 07:59 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
really like this awesome compositing skills my friend but the gauges inside the car look abit wierd other than that sweet man really sweet

# 11 28-04-2009 , 02:21 PM
Hi
I'm new here but i want to point out my observations user added image

The model is nice and the materials are great user added image Not sure abaut the position of the wheals they seam to low, but i don't know much abaut cars and tuning so i may be wrong.

As for the hdr pic. The car reflects the map as if the main light was coming from top right side of teh car. But the shadows are set up as if the light was on top of the car. I think the left side should be a bit darker and the shadow's should be cast at a bigger angle.

The sceen looks like it's lighten only by a hdr map. Add some light source to indicate direction and it should be a lot better.

Just my 3 cents user added image.

Hope some of you understood what i wanted to say. I'm not used to wrighting posts in english user added image

Take care.