Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-05-2009 , 11:12 AM

The Show Must Go On

I created this image as my first attempt at a C.G Female,
I was trying to acheive realism while also keeping with
a french art nouveau kind of style. This piece is trying to
show a feeling of emptiness within an actress, who must
perform night after night. This piece took roughly 3 months
part-time and is the Colour version.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-05-2009 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
the model looks really nice

i'm not so sure about this glowing nose and the discretely blurred parts or the hat

you should put some sort of fuzzyness to the hat or bump mapping to make it look more like fabric than a solid flat surface

also, colour the inside of the mouth black or add teeth, it looks like she has no teeth >.>

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 10-05-2009 , 11:11 PM
i definately agree about the mouth now that i can see it, the hat does have a pretty decent bump map already on it. But i like that idea maybe maya fur or something??? thanks for the crits chirone

# 4 10-05-2009 , 11:57 PM
The Nurb Herd
i'm curious as to how the ear got half blurred?

also, this is really red for me, i would change the saturation in PS...

(actually i did, would you like me to post what i've done?):bandit:

# 5 11-05-2009 , 12:05 AM
sure that would be great post it up if you could

# 6 11-05-2009 , 12:28 AM
The Nurb Herd
i took some saturation out and fiddled with the levels and little. i think i added a bit of yellow too.
user added image

# 7 11-05-2009 , 12:51 AM
Subscriber
hammer's improvement is an improvement indeed

i can't really see the hat because it blends in with the background and i couldn't tell that you already had a bump on it

the nostrils either need to be darkened or be hairy to, it looks like they are emitting light slightly

i think i figured out what you should tweak to improve it more... change her expression... perhaps shove a lattice on her head and tweak it around slightly so that there is more life to it and that she matches your caption
right now she just looks like a mannequin.

maybe give her a smirk and a head tilt and change the eye positions so that they are looking towards us or something that makes her look confident or like she's just recovered from something negative and now she's determined to get the show going.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 8 11-05-2009 , 01:16 AM
hammer.horror that looks great cheers ill deffinately rework it through photoshop, after i take another render with an sss shader instead of the dt3d skin shader from highend3d that is on it now.

Chirone. once again thankyou, i think it became a little rushed towards the end of this piece and the exression is such a huge thing that i think i missed so thankyou ill definately get on to that