Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 23-06-2004 , 08:45 PM

Part of my Robot Film

Here is another part of my Robot Animation. This is a Spider Mech checking oil wells.

I went with a traditional oil well because of sentimental reasons. I worked on oil wells like these for many years. the final film will be in Black and White but I am toying with the idea that color slowly seeps back in to the scene the farther away from the Robot City you get. I want to re-work the Spider Mech to give it some more practicallity in it's legs and feet but still keep it's retro look.

I really need to learn how to, among other things, create very specific terrain shaders. If anyone can help me that would be cool. I used a shader called grassy_Knoll on this terrain it's pretty cool but I would like to add a bit more variation. How does one incoporate things like roads and such into the textures?

Any C&C are welcome.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-06-2004 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber
Wow that looks very cool! Any idea when you might finish this animation because I would really like to see it user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 3 24-06-2004 , 09:23 PM
Here is a shot of the pumpjack model from The reverse and unshaded.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 24-06-2004 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
hey Shayder
Thats a good question about the shaders...I don't know the answer but like to know it too! user added image
as for your render...I like it very much....did you took pictures outhere or did you do this all without any refs.. Like to see more of this..keep it goin' user added image

GreetZz RanSIcK

# 5 24-06-2004 , 09:57 PM
Thanks.

I did this all from memory. I posted this on one other site and I had a guy who assembles Pumpjacks for a living, tell me that I had quite a few things incorrect. What can I say... it was a number of years ago that I worked on them. My memory tells me those were the good old days, but I distinctly remember not liking them too much at the time.user added image I will post some more angles soon.

Last edited by Shayder; 24-06-2004 at 10:50 PM.
# 6 24-06-2004 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
lol

by the time you find out that the only thing what is left are good memories is allways after the time you've lived it... (RANspeare) :p