Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-02-2005 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber

nurbs problem

ok, this is probably a stupid question, but it really bothers me....

when I create a nurbs primitive, it creates a group of planes called for example nurbs cube.....but I have to go to the outliner to select the group....otherwise, I just select one side of the cube....it seems as the sides are somehow detached....

hope you see my problem....sorry for my english, it's not my mothertongue...

thanks for any suggestions....it must problably be a menubutton that I accidentally turned of.....

# 2 26-02-2005 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber

nope

I think there is another thread very similar to this with a way more detailed explanation than what Im about to say. But ill still try anyways. Since all the primitives and everything in maya is made from formulas and stuff like that in the programming, it cannot create a completly closed off cube in nurbs.

# 3 26-02-2005 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
Nope the cube is working properly. There is reason NURBS modeling is alternative known as surface modeling and patch modeling. As for selecting the group, select any face then press the up arrow. The up arrow moves "up" the group hierarchy to the next level in the group, in this case the group itself.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 26-02-2005 , 06:00 PM
Subscriber
ahhhh...thank's guys!