Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-12-2005 , 10:49 PM

missing material help, on two computers

i have maya 6.5 at school and at home. but im not sure how to work on the same files at home and school. the geometry saves fine, but any file materials do not stay with the scene file. how do i make sure everything travels together so i dont have to redo any materials again.

do both computers need a set project of identical name. or do i have to copy all the project folders? im at a loss of doing this. i tried a search but can't figure it out. trying to save time. i have lots of questions but one at a time.

thanks in advance

# 2 14-12-2005 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber
if there file textures you made personally then yeah u need all the pics and the texture u made so it can re read them.
also put them in the same place i.e mydocument/name/pictures (or what ever.)

# 3 15-12-2005 , 06:51 AM
thank you, ill try to remedy that problem, i did not realize it did that as the first time i just used basic colors. but then when i added custom textures they ended up missing and i was scratching my head.. i had assumed maya kept all the info it needed in the scene.