Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 20-09-2008 , 03:26 AM

Need public help to create this smmoth shape

hi everyone,

I am trying create glassy globe, I began with create soccer ball from polygon, I create the shape that I really I am looking for, but I need make it bit round shape, there I stuck, I follow the tutorial but didn't really work out for me,
https://www.christerb.com/tutorials/m...cer/index.html

Deform Create Sculpt Deformer. didn't work for me, I tried 100 times, i created new scene many times, dont really know why,

if you know how turn this shape to the image reference please say something,

the shape has to be round and smooth with the hex and pentagones shapes very clear (glass shader)

please help,

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-09-2008 , 03:33 AM
Select all the verts in the center of the "flat" areas then as they are all round the center of hte boject just scale them out to male it round, should work, unless theres any under lying problems.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 20-09-2008 , 03:41 AM
thanks man this trip bit works for me, but nor really smooth as the image, still need help

final result of scaling the vertx

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 20-09-2008 , 03:51 AM
Your going to have to add geo as youve got straight edges that cant be bent in the "struts"

Its going to be a pain to be honest.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 20-09-2008 , 04:08 AM
this tutorial is very helpful, but the Deform - Create Sculpt Deformer doesn't really work for me,

cant really add more geometry into that, it is going to be glass shader also moving the goe with manual it is really pain,

that must be some easy way to round this shape,

more help guys

# 6 20-09-2008 , 05:24 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
If you want it to look smooth your going to have to subdivide the Geo.

To be honest, I would just create a plain sphere and use Alpha, bump/Disp, Color maps to create the pattern on the object. You can model it, but it's going to be a pain, and ery hard to get it to look smooth.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 7 20-09-2008 , 06:49 AM
https://www.christerb.com/tutorials/m...cer/index.html

this tutorial is really useful, but I cant hardly understand in this part
Let's make it a bit more round shall we? user added image
With the ball selected go to the Animation Menu Set (e.g. F2 on your keyboard) Deform Create Sculpt Deformer.
Set the Dropoff Distance to 0 to keep the 2x2x2 unit size and if everything worked out your "ball" should now look more like a ball. user added image

can someone explain it to more with more detail, I have been trying many times to get this part done, but I didn't had a good luck, if you can explain this part of deformer that will be awesome,
thanks mate