Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 04-07-2003 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
I just got an idea, you know how if you rendered every single object on a seperate frame, that you can bring them all together one by one very quickly in a compositing program. They did it in 3d on the matrix game. Its a really cool effect and relatively simple becuase they are already transparent. Might be cool for like one shot, maybe the very first?

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 32 04-07-2003 , 10:01 PM
Subscriber
i love this project !! if you need one another guy let me know ! user added image user added image user added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 33 05-07-2003 , 12:31 AM
Simply Maya OG
Sounds like a good idea Vec. We'll have to try it. user added image

- Hybrid
# 34 05-07-2003 , 01:43 PM
Subscriber
perhaps vectorman if you have maya 5 you must add some paint effect (those with buildings) behind your city scene.
And Forum_snowboarder33 if you need some texture for your containers i can send you someone.
can t wait to see an anim !! user added image

# 35 06-07-2003 , 12:19 AM
Subscriber
What kind of paint effects? I haven't actually used p effects yet. They crashed my computer last time i tried.

And now that i think about it, i should model a car, and then we could all put this on our first reel!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"

Last edited by Vectorman; 06-07-2003 at 12:22 AM.
# 36 06-07-2003 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber
Aright small update on the gas station.

Attached Thumbnails

# 37 06-07-2003 , 02:32 AM
Subscriber
the whole scene is realativly simple at the moment, i need to figure out wha is gonna be in the city! Prolly some apt type buildings.

Attached Images

# 38 06-07-2003 , 07:52 AM
Subscriber
you can just go into paint effects=> get brush => city mesh

# 39 07-07-2003 , 04:22 AM
... i hate you... my ca sucks and you know when i started that POS... well i dont ACTUALLY hate you... i just really REALLY envy you... well this is it... im gunna go to bed

# 40 07-07-2003 , 08:11 PM
Simply Maya OG
Hey guys, Ill have an update on the interior of my car, as soon as I get Maya fixed. I guess its her time of the month user added image Next update, Ill have the rearview mirror up, and the outter door handles on. After that, its the inside of the doors, and she'll be done. user added image

- Hybrid
# 41 07-07-2003 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber
omg can t wait to see some screenshot and perhaps some wireframe plz ..... wireframe ... user added image user added image

# 42 07-07-2003 , 09:51 PM
Simply Maya OG
Wireframe of what? My car? If thats what you want, then no problem. Already working on it, Cryius. Like I said, once I get Maya working, Ill show ya some pix user added image

- Hybrid
# 43 07-07-2003 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
yes wire of YOUR awesome car user added image user added image user added image

# 44 08-07-2003 , 01:33 AM
Subscriber
Boarder should post a few pics of his car too, i bet the # of views would double.

# 45 08-07-2003 , 02:57 AM
Simply Maya OG
Muhahaha. Got maya up and running! Ok, heres the wire you requested, Cyrius. user added image Change in plans for the interior. Me and Forum decided to put a heavy tint on the windows, so we wouldnt have to worry about modeling actual drivers and interior.

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid