SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Maya beginner question regarding Bind Pose

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

17-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
ti8er

Maya beginner question regarding Bind Pose
Hi all,

I’ve just modelled and skinned a simple test model on maya and I’ve got a question regarding the bind pose.
When I use the controls (which I’ve set up by constraining the joints to nurb curves) to animate/move the model – I cant go back to the bind pose by clicking on “go to bind pose”. I get an error which says “no object matches name: bind pose”.

But if I move the model by moving individual joints instead of utilizing the controls, I don’t get an error message and I can easily go back to the bind pose by clicking on “go to bind pose”.

Does anyone know why I cant go to the bind pose when I use the controls to move the model?

Thanks in advance