Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-10-2010 , 11:32 PM

Elasticity of a polygon

i want to make a solid soft hemi-spherical body on a horizontal plane , so that when i turn the plane 90 degrees vertical , i need to see the body deforming towards the gravity due to its own weight.

is it possible for me to see the body deformation according to its weight?(in the influence of gravity)

# 2 11-10-2010 , 12:03 PM
The Nurb Herd
create a plane, then a sphere. delete the lower part of the sphere. animate your plane moving 90 degrees in the x direction over 100 frames or so. then select the hemi-sphere and go ncoth> create ncloth. change the preset to lava>replace. the preset button is top right in the ncloth shape node. after you do this select the plane and click ncloth>create passive
right click over the hemi-sphere and select verts, then select the ring of verts that are closest to the planes surface, next select the plane and go nconstraint> point to surface.
click play.

this may not be exactly what you are after but it will get you started.

# 3 11-10-2010 , 10:21 PM

Thankyou

Originally posted by hammer.horror
create a plane, then a sphere. delete the lower part of the sphere. animate your plane moving 90 degrees in the x direction over 100 frames or so. then select the hemi-sphere and go ncoth> create ncloth. change the preset to lava>replace. the preset button is top right in the ncloth shape node. after you do this select the plane and click ncloth>create passive
right click over the hemi-sphere and select verts, then select the ring of verts that are closest to the planes surface, next select the plane and go nconstraint> point to surface.
click play.

this may not be exactly what you are after but it will get you started.

Thankyou so much , I could get what i want.