Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-05-2006 , 07:59 PM

Rotate manipulator display problems.

Hi everyone, im new here and relativley new to maya. My problem is the rotate manipulator only shows up in one panel, and in that panel when I zoom, the manipulator stays the same size.It does not scale with the object. It seems to be stuck on some kind of global setting or something. In that same panel the move tool brings up black bow-tie shaped manipulators I dont recognise. The scale tool does not show up in this panel, and only shows up in one other panel. I cant model or animate with these settings... How can I reset these to factory settings?

Thanks.

# 2 17-05-2006 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber
sounds like u need to update the display drivers...go to the manufacturer's site and get the latest drivers. that's normally the problem.

# 3 17-05-2006 , 11:39 PM
Subscriber
Some ATI cards cause this problem, also make sure you are running in 32bit mode.

Cheers
Paul

# 4 28-05-2006 , 04:28 PM
This might sound famililiar to everyone but its the solution for almost any problem in maya..user added image

DELETING THE prefs folder

My Documents --> maya --> 7.0 (your version) --> prefs

restart maya