Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-01-2004 , 03:03 PM
Subscriber

Maya blend shapes using poser!

I have an idea which would be great if it could work but I need someone with some knowhow to tell me it's possible or not.
Im using some Poser charactors which I have rigged in Maya and work great. But now I need to do some blend shapes to get some facial animation going. The question is, is it possible to pose the facial expressions in poser, export them all as obj's and bring them into Maya to make the blend shapes?
I have tried it , but there is a warning saying that there has been no deformation, but there must be a way arround this as it would save hours of time.
Can anyone help?

cheers all

# 2 19-01-2004 , 03:07 PM
The Maya Mountain
As far as I know, that won't work.

# 3 19-01-2004 , 03:13 PM
Subscriber

whatabummer!

Hi Mike,
Yeah I thought that might be the answer, but to create all the blend shapes for all 7 of my charactors is going to take for ever, Im not going to give up, have you had any expirence with Bodystudio which can import poser animations into maya?

# 4 19-01-2004 , 09:01 PM
The Maya Mountain
No, can't say I've heard of that one.

# 5 19-01-2004 , 11:40 PM

Done it!!!

Just to let you know Mike that Ive done it.
Recap:
I have 7 characters imported from Poser and rigged in maya with some changes.
Now instead of creating loads of different cluster heads all deformed for each expression I can now simply create the facial expressions in Poser( because all the settings are already there to do so) then export the heads as obj, import into Maya scene file create your blend shape but with the KEEP TOPOLOGY turned off, which means I can blend it to any shape I which DONE!