Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-04-2004 , 02:11 AM

Watermark slows down !

Hi folks,

I recently got Maya PLE 5.0 and it displays a watermark on top of each viewing port where you have shading selected. I first thought that it was the shading itself that was causing the framerate to drop when I wanted to watch my model in the perspective viewport, but now I am sure it is the watermark that causes the slowdown (perhaps because it is a fancy half-transparant watermark?) Does anyone know what I can do about this, for instance turning the watermark's transparancy of off?

Thanks in advance !

# 2 07-04-2004 , 02:21 AM
Lifetime Member
LMAO ..if you could disable it there would be no point in having it, unfortunately it is the price you have to pay for using the program for free.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

# 3 07-04-2004 , 02:45 AM
I quote myself : '...turning the watermark's TRANSPARANCY off...'
Evidently, I did not mean the watermark itself...

This thought had crossed my mind because half-transparant "things" tend to be very CPU-demanding, so I thought maybe there would be a possibility to make the watermark fully opaque (only the text of it, of course).

Or does anybody perhaps now of a way to make more use of the hardware rendering of my graphics accelerator card (a common ATI radeon)? I remember when I used 3DSmax, one could choose between software rendering or openGL rendering.

Thanks.

# 4 07-04-2004 , 10:06 AM
Subscriber
Come on guys ....... how many here can afford an $8000 sofware package.
Go to **** and do a search for Maya 5 unlimited, you'll be surprized what you find, I was user added image

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.

# 5 07-04-2004 , 11:39 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by sarge40
Come on guys ....... how many here can afford an $8000 sofware package.
Go to ***** and do a search for Maya 5 unlimited, you'll be surprized what you find, I was user added image

everybody has two warnings regarding posts like this before being banned, you have just earned your first.

thread closed

# 6 07-04-2004 , 01:51 PM
The Maya Mountain
FYI, You can get it for $2000... user added image Does anyone really HAVE to have fur and cloth? :p

# 7 07-04-2004 , 02:05 PM
£500 if you're a student!!

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB