Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-01-2013 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber

Window Minimise Issue

When I have say outliner, hypershade, rendersettings or any other floating window open if I minimise one of them it minimises all of maya not just that one particular window. This as you can imagine is very unhelpful and quite frustrating, I have searched all over the prefs along with google but havent found anything yet!

Does anybody know what might be causing this issue and how to fix?

# 2 11-01-2013 , 03:23 AM
EduSciVis-er
That's pretty strange. I'd recommend a reboot of Maya, your computer, and wiping your prefs in that order. Are you on Windows?

# 3 11-01-2013 , 09:03 AM
Subscriber
Hi stwert, I have tried the above to no avail user added image Im running on Arch Linux with Openbox. I might try a different wm or de to see if that could be the issue.... It has been this way since I installed it, but it is now really starting to grind!

# 4 11-01-2013 , 09:07 AM
The thin red line
Witch version of maya are you running............dave

# 5 11-01-2013 , 10:48 AM
Subscriber
I have had a similar problem since the last hot-fix update running windows 7.
Sometimes if I have a floating window open and I press space bar it acts as if I pressed "Ctrl Tab" and switches to something else I got running. Not really a big problem just a pain in the bum.

# 6 11-01-2013 , 01:57 PM
Subscriber
Dave its maya 2013, I upgraded from 2012 when i reinstalled my computer and I think I had the same problem then, but I cant really remember...

I feel your pain tweetytunes, I do have dual monitors so I move all tools and floating windows into one and the main window into the other so It reduces the need to minimise, but its habit to do so.

# 7 11-01-2013 , 02:55 PM
EduSciVis-er

# 8 19-01-2013 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for your help, but I have a problem with my right click marking menus. When I RMB click to bring up menu I Scroll down over menu with secondary item and when the sendary menu items roll out it pushed the whole menu up and continues utill the reaches the top of the screen... I have delted my userPrefs.mel not sure how else to fix.... Any Ideas?

# 9 19-01-2013 , 02:45 PM
EduSciVis-er
That sounds pretty strange. Is it possible to grab a screenshot of what you're talking about? I don't quite understand what's happening. With the secondary items, do you mean the linear menu below the marking menu? How many items do you have there? Is this a custom marking menu or a regular one like changing component type?

# 10 19-01-2013 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
Regualr marking menu and yes it is the linear menu below. It is hard to shou in a screenshot... but say i have just reated a polygon cube i right click and go to Assign Exising Material as i mouse over each menu item that has child entrys it rolls it out very quickly and shifts the whole menu up... I will try and get a screen capture of it to post up so it is more clear!

# 11 19-01-2013 , 05:09 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think I understand what you mean... it sounds very buggy. If you've deleted your prefs folder and rebooted your computer, I don't know what else to suggest.