Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-09-2010 , 10:11 AM

recent work with dynamics

# 2 03-09-2010 , 12:13 PM
The thin red line
Nice work but I think you have posted in the wrong area, ask one of the mods to move it to Finished work..............dave

# 3 03-09-2010 , 06:52 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi Maresh

I have watched all four of them:

Volcano:
To viscous it looks like some underwater scene

Glass shatter:
Doesn't look realistic if you shoot through glass with nothing behind it it doesn't start floating through the air. either there is only a hole, or if it falls it just falls down maybe with a small curve because of the force of the bullit

Carrom: Just didn't get it tbh

Pool:
Strange distracting camera moves which doesn't suit a poolgame and (dynamic)friction is higher so the balls should not keep rotating that long ( especially not along there axes without moving in a particular direction)

If I had to choose I would pick the pool version as a winner because it looked fairly nice.

Just keep working on it it will get better, oh and try studying nature( eruptions) , Pool games, shatter effects so you have a clear grasp on where to get

# 4 04-09-2010 , 10:12 AM
Thanks Dave. Sorry for the goof up. But how do i contact the moderators to do the changes. I will be careful next time.

@Mastone: Thanks for watching all the videos and for your crits. I appreciate it.

Volcano- Was my first attempt in dynamics, and i guess it will be a daunting task to create a real looking one. Am still a novice. I will definitely give it a try when i am more comfortable with the tools and settings.

Shatter: I know that the glass will not react to a bullet strike the way i have shown. It will look better with an explosion scene. The gun was just used as a prop to create a dramatic scene. I dont know how to create an explosion.
user added image

Carrom: Its a household game in south east asian countries. Very similar to pool.

Pool: For the camera mess i too felt it. I will change it later.

Thanks again

Cheers
Mahesh

# 5 04-09-2010 , 10:26 AM
The thin red line
Hi maheshsubbiah
For a pre made explostion look in the visor you can use as they are or just learn from them, I do both...........dave

# 6 05-09-2010 , 01:58 AM
Super Moderator
The volcano was really slow. The playblast would have given you a preview so you can work on the timing.:bandit:

- Genny
# 7 05-09-2010 , 04:44 AM
@Dave: I was of the impression that visor was just for paint effects. Didn't knew about this explosion animation inside. Thanks for the info dave.

@GecT: You are right. I will use it to check next time before i render. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers
Mahesh