Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-01-2006 , 07:22 PM

This is my new car !

You guys gotta see this.

This is a picture of my new custom made radio controlled car. Actually its 2.1 cars built together. It consist of 2 x LEGO DirtCrusher RC + a few more blocks.

The thing is, that this is the WORLDS BEST radio controlled car, just won several prizes and stuff. And you guys know the LEGO building blocks and how they are in a system, so you have endless possibilities with them - its the same with this car - you can build your own models, over and over again.

And its so robust that I have been driving it in the snow, water, mud, dirt etc. I also crashed it from 2 meters high straing down some stairs and its still running, not a single thing is broken on it user added image - ohh and it also passed the ultimate test: 6 kids on a playground fighting over whos turn it was to try it - on top of the car - they kicked it, one of them fell on it too - not a scratch user added image

I bought my first one before I started full time at LEGO, but today I bought my second one. And this is the result of my dual model.

- I am sorry if this message sounds like a commercial, this is not my intention, but I am having so much fun with this baby that I wanted to share it with you all. so if you ever want to buy a radio controlled car, buy this LEGO baby DirtCrusher RC - you wont regret that one !!

Cya around.

oh .. I will post some more images here when I build new versions - building is almost the most fun part of it user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 2 05-01-2006 , 08:56 PM
That's quite an amazing piece of equipment you have there. Perhaps it should be made into a SM contest prize. I would certainly work hard for that one user added image

How fast does this vehicle go? Looks pretty fast to me.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 3 05-01-2006 , 09:33 PM
hehe it is kinda crazy!!

Standard Battery : approx 15 kilometers/H (km/h) for 15 min

Extended battery : approx 20 km/H for 30 min .. I have those ofcause user added image

it has 3 channels so you can drive 3 cars with 3 controllers, or drive 700+ cars with 1 controller (like if you build them together like I did with this one)

I just finished charging the battries and tested it in the snow - That was quite amazing. Its quite slippery outside so it was huge fun user added image

This version of my two cars weighs 4.4 kilo (incl. Batteries)

hmm.. you can find more info here : https://www.lego.com/eng/racers/products/radio.asp

Have fun user added image

Edit : Oh yeah the price for one car in Denmark is 194 USD .. probarbly cheaper in the States.. I dunno. Its quite a lot of money, but then again this is the only radio controlled car that you can rebuild, and definately the only one that can handle the stress these types of cars are exposed to ..

oh yeah you can actually connect the bricks/beams of the cars to LEGO technic bricks .. thats prety cool .. tho Technic bricks probarbly wont last long on asphalt hahaha

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S
# 4 05-01-2006 , 10:21 PM

hmm

Thats sounds like asweet car i used to love em, i had bout 6 at one point, my fav wos a one called SLAMMER, it wos a 3 wheeled thing.
Ive seen rc motobikes around these days aswell thats crazy.
My m8 has a petrol engined remote car and honestly im scared of it.
Does bout 50-60mph and is bout a foot high its crazy.

# 5 06-01-2006 , 12:27 AM
yeah I am scared of the petrol cars aswell .. They are simply dangerous .. This is still a toy, but it can really hurt if it slams into you user added image ..

The 3 wheeler might be a cool thing, I will ask the developers if they have an idea how to build such a thing user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S
# 6 06-01-2006 , 08:56 PM
You work at LEGO!! damn i didnt know that. Legos rock... i played with legos as long as i can remember(my girlfriend tells me i cant anymore.. too old) so now i have to give them to my little cousins and then show them how to play with them:-D.

Cars look great but i cant believe you work at lego!!!.... Saweet

# 7 06-01-2006 , 11:02 PM
hehe Twisted : You never get too old for LEGO !! im 33 and love them ! Lucky me I have a daughter, and thus an excuse to play with it user added image .. gave her 1500 normale bricks for Xmas user added image

Here is a new version of the cars I made tonite. Its not as complex as the previous one tho - so still lots of parts left over user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S
# 8 07-01-2006 , 09:39 PM

I cant help it..

This is simply too much fun .. so here is a 3rd version that I have made user added image

Its almost as long as my 2½ year old daughter is tall user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S
# 9 08-01-2006 , 12:07 AM
Big Toys for Big Boys :p

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 10 08-01-2006 , 09:11 AM
hell yeah user added image - and the most fun thing is that the cras change alot in driving when you build other models. This one is like a catarpillar, and the original (seen at lego.com) is very much alive and fun for making tricks.
So it all depends on how you build it user added image its kinda cool .. I would love to work on developing these cars, but I am stuck on doing Bionicle stuff.. atleast for the next 3 motnths..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S