Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-09-2014 , 04:07 AM

Maya 2014 Running Incredibly slow

Hey all,

I am a bit teed-off... I am not sure what is making Maya run so slow at times it takes some time for me to be able to work with polygon models if they have a lot of surfaces or geometry. I have been looking for a solution but no one is responding I hoe you good folk here could help me out.

Here is my Equipment that I am running Maya 2014. I have been to Autodesk and checked out their info for Maya...I fit within in all the specs they suggest....And I have sent them an email..no response...

Thanks for the help!

Intel® Core™ i5-4200M Processor
(3M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)

Processor Number i5-4200M
# of Cores 2
# of Threads 4
Clock Speed 2.5 GHz
Max Turbo Frequency 3.1 GHz
Intel® Smart Cache 3 MB

HD Graphics 4600 (1.35 GHz)

# 2 03-09-2014 , 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Hey all,

I am a bit teed-off... I am not sure what is making Maya run so slow at times it takes some time for me to be able to work with polygon models if they have a lot of surfaces or geometry. I have been looking for a solution but no one is responding I hoe you good folk here could help me out.

Here is my Equipment that I am running Maya 2014. I have been to Autodesk and checked out their info for Maya...I fit within in all the specs they suggest....And I have sent them an email..no response...

Thanks for the help!

Intel® Core™ i5-4200M Processor
(3M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)

Processor Number i5-4200M
# of Cores 2
# of Threads 4
Clock Speed 2.5 GHz
Max Turbo Frequency 3.1 GHz
Intel® Smart Cache 3 MB

HD Graphics 4600 (1.35 GHz)

Looking at the processor, I take it you're on a laptop. I'm highlighting your video card, or your lack of a dedicated one since it can be problematic when your scenes start climbing in poly count(even worse when using smooth preview). Unless you're upgrading then you'll have to really utilize display layers.

- Genny