Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-09-2003 , 07:20 PM

help with create polygon tool

I was working with the Create Polygon tool....and when I create one, it's always filled with pink and I need it to be transparent. any help would be appreciated. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-09-2003 , 07:30 PM
The Maya Mountain
At this point, you press Enter for it to finalize creating the object. Then you can assign it a transparant material.

# 3 01-09-2003 , 07:41 PM
If you don't want to see the pink as you're creating the shape, just make sure you're viewing in wireframe (hit the "4" key) rather than shaded mode ("5" key).

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 01-09-2003 , 07:42 PM
but I need to see through it when I'm modeling and sometimes the pink area blocks my view of the drawing below. So is it possible to have it transparent while working on it? I also need to see the drawing and when I hit 4 the drawing disappears.

Last edited by gueedo; 01-09-2003 at 07:44 PM.
# 5 01-09-2003 , 07:45 PM
The Maya Mountain
Well, there's no rule against hitting enter and then changing the shape afterwards by moving points around.

# 6 01-09-2003 , 07:56 PM
Subscriber
If you want to be able to see through it, as required by some tutorials, you can, once it is a finished face, go to shading/shade options/ and check the xray heading. That lets you see through a semi transparent version of your shape to what is underneath.

# 7 01-09-2003 , 07:59 PM
alright I think I got it now...thanks for the advice. The responses on this board have got to be the fastest I've seen on any BB. Thanx againuser added image