Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-11-2005 , 06:30 PM

Question about text.

My question is simple. When I try to loft text together I get unfavorable results. For example, I will type text into the window, duplicate all of the curves that make up the text, move the copy ahead of the original then lastly try to loft the two. That's where the problems arise. It looks like the curves are not matching the duplicate which results in the shape being all out of whack. I realize it has something to do with the curves not matching but I don't know how to get around it.

Any suggestions?

# 2 22-11-2005 , 12:46 AM
Subscriber
Hi, can you show some screenshots just to illustrate better waht yoou're trying to say?

# 3 22-11-2005 , 05:09 AM

Sample

Here is a sample of what I mean. I typed out the word "simply." I duplicated the text, moved it forward and then lofted it. This is the end result.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 22-11-2005 , 02:07 PM
You're doing things the hard way. Create one set of text curves then use bevelplus to create the surface.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 22-11-2005 , 02:30 PM
I guess that does make more sense. Thanks for all of your help!