Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-03-2007 , 04:57 AM

Ford gt40

Ok, so first of all: Im working with maya for a few months and this is actually my third project with it so please, fans of this car dont judge me too harshly user added image.

Anyways after the flying mini's I desided to model another favorite of mine: the gt40 the nre road version. I've come to the final stage of modeling. I still need to fix some angels. But here are a few clay renders. CC are welcome user added image. And also tips on how to make the the edges near the headlights as smooth as possible are appreciated.
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 2 15-03-2007 , 05:02 AM
Really sweat......can you post a wire? ehehhe

Are you gona texture?

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 3 15-03-2007 , 05:05 AM
Yeh im gonna texure it, first i wanna get the exterior totaly done though. Interior im not gonna start with hehe, had enough hours of play with this one allready. Ill post the wire in a few days as now I dont have time to start maya up again etc user added image. Dont have the most brillinat comp ^^.

# 4 15-03-2007 , 06:58 AM
Really sweet!! My brother and I really love this kind of car! The GTs totally rock! Great modelling!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 5 15-03-2007 , 07:21 AM
very nice indeed!

Though the GT500 is a nicer model 8)

# 6 19-03-2007 , 12:54 PM
Right, here are the wires.

user added image
user added image

Gonna experiment with some render techniques and post the renders later on :x