Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 11-04-2011 , 10:09 PM
The thin red line
Your wright tweeny I thought I had seen that some were else..............dave

Edit:now if we could get Harrison Ford to play Mario would we be onto a winner....no

Last edited by daverave; 11-04-2011 at 10:12 PM.
# 17 11-04-2011 , 10:18 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Ah come on guys stop teasing he is looking nowhere near harrison ford I have been trying to model harrison ford/Indy for a long time so it would be really annoying if I would get it spot on while tying to create mario user added image

# 18 11-04-2011 , 10:22 PM
The thin red line
Mastone I think its just the eyes, we are alowed one tease..............dave

# 19 11-04-2011 , 11:48 PM
Subscriber
I so think it looks like him - apart from some tweaks to the noise - Thats why I find it so funny - your Indy thread must be the longest running apart from the one re making the whole of starwars - and within days you create a Mario who looks like Harrison.

I just had to point it out HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

# 20 12-04-2011 , 12:05 AM
EduSciVis-er
I don't think it looks like indy, but if it does, there's two very good explanations:
a) People are used to seeing you put up indy models so they see it automatically
b) You're so practiced at indy that you're infusing some of the same techniques and styles in this model

Anyway, keep it up, you're doing great!

# 21 12-04-2011 , 01:15 AM
Lifetime Member
Ok Im going out of left here....when I first saw it I saw Stalin mastone...not Indy...he he he...still good though.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 22 14-04-2011 , 10:07 PM
Administrator
Indy or not, looks really good so far to me. Make sure the CIA doesn't come to get you before the challenge finishes, we need an awesome mario man here user added image

Nilla

# 23 15-04-2011 , 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
I always thought a realistic Mario would be creepy. He'd be a slightly pudgy middle aged drug addict who always has a pocket full of shrooms and feel good candy that make you invincible.

- Genny
# 24 16-04-2011 , 04:55 PM
@daverave : yeah I guess so user added image
@ Tweety: grrr....LOL
@ stwert: I"ll stick with "a" then user added image and thanks
@ bullet1968: hahaha I was winging the first one thanks for pointing out the stalin likeness he remembered me of someone as well but couldn't figure out who it was. so thanks user added image
@Miss_Nova: Hmm I heard a chopper going over my house today I am pretty sure that it wasn't the CIA.....could be the FBI though, luckily I wear a disguise when going outdoors ...they"ll never catch me.
@GecT: I never looked at mario that way..I thought he ate mushroom for medicinal purposes user added image

Well guys

I have done some work on mario ford with a drug problem so it seems user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 25 16-04-2011 , 10:37 PM
Last update for this day, not sure about the weaponry,but will refine more as I go

Attached Thumbnails
# 26 17-04-2011 , 04:24 PM
been doing some zbrushing, think I will drop the weapons I showed above

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 30-04-2011 , 10:46 PM
For people who care below is an image from the final image, I didn't want to hog the final entry page, so that's why I am posting it up here.
If you want to see Mario finished take a look at the final image which is here:
https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35573

all textures are handpainted ( yes even the eyes), except for the pickaxe handle ( see final image page)

Attached Thumbnails