SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / why my rigging system & control system of MAYA 5 doesnt work properly in MAYA 7?

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

01-07-2006, 07:12 AM   #1
rroohhiitt

why my rigging system & control system of MAYA 5 doesnt work properly in MAYA 7?
i have made full body rigging with all the control system in MAYA 5.
but now when i open that file in MAYA version 7, it doesnt work properly. what happens is when i move the body with global controller or main root joint legs dont move they stay there & stick there. my heel joints of both the legs stays there. they do not move.

This only happens in maya 7. it works properly in maya 5.
plz i need help.i am very very confuse.
thanks.
01-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

check the IK handles and see if the sticky option is turned on or off. That was an option that was changed between 5 and 6 if I remember right.
02-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
rroohhiitt

Quote:
Originally posted by mtmckinley
check the IK handles and see if the sticky option is turned on or off. That was an option that was changed between 5 and 6 if I remember right.
thanks mate..
i checked them..it was off.
& also that IKFK controls were off. that was the main thing.
now i can handle the systen pretty well
thanks