Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-02-2004 , 09:14 PM

Fur made my object black

I made a head out of a poly sphere. I added a furdescription. Then I painted a texture to add as a baldness map. However, after adding it and tweeking some options in attr editor for the furdescription (length, color, curl, scraggle, roll), I render it and the hair shows up but the sphere head is completely black. I did disconnect the texture I painted on for the baldness map, and in the hypershade it shows that my skin texture is connected to the sphere. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks! user added image

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it. For some reason the color connection for my material was connected to some utility for color. I deleted this connection and set the color to what wanted. This post could be deleted but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Last edited by discostu; 02-02-2004 at 04:39 AM.