Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 26-02-2005 , 10:35 AM

My first car model

This is the first car model i've made, i still don't know how to create textures, so i've left it without them. It should look like Audi TT , but you see it does't exactly. I am not very advanced Maya user, so this car model is a big achievement for me. I am only 15 years old. So, if you notice anything you think i shuold know or what is wrong please tell it to me.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-02-2005 , 10:37 AM
Here is the other picture.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 26-02-2005 , 02:23 PM
Simply Maya OG
The car itself is quite nice. I like how the hood opens. Only thing that gets me, is how thick the tires are. They look like they should be alittle thinner.

- Hybrid
# 4 26-02-2005 , 02:25 PM
Subscriber
I agree with I-Iybrid about the tires and also the door seems to stick out slightly, other than that very nice work.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 5 26-02-2005 , 03:21 PM
But you see, I was working only with polygons, and I got a problem with cuting the door. When I cut the door in not smoothed model and then modeled the door and the rest part separate, when I smoothed everything the door was a bit diferent from the hole for door.(The same is with other separate parts) Do you think I shuold cut the door from the smoothed model? But then I wuold have a lot of problems with further modeling and I think I know the answer to this question is nouser added image. I think abuot converting the not smoothed model to a subdiv but I get errors when I try to do that. I will not try to fix the car, thuogh cuold you tell me what I should do while modeling polygons to avoid the errors when I try to convert polygon to subdiv? One more thing, if i use subdivs, will my computer work slower then with polygons?

Sorry for errors if there are some, english is not my native language.

# 6 28-02-2005 , 05:31 PM
Subscriber
pretty good job man. what bothers me most though is the fact that the car doesn't look really smooth. some bits are pretty angular (rear lights for instance), while others stick out a bit, like chicken said. otherwise, for a first try at a car, thumbs up i'd say. (i never done one, so i actually have no right to say anything negative about your model user added image )

tiz

# 7 28-02-2005 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
I thinks its the rims, but this looks like a toy car. Still, its a good model with lots of potential.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 8 28-02-2005 , 06:13 PM
Yes, I think it looks like a toy car because of the thick tires.user added image But, unfortunatly, I will not be able to fix this car, cos I am too busy. But I am going to spend all my free time modeling a bike.user added image I realy like bikes. I have a very nice (and expencive user added image ) bike, and i think it will be a very interesting work to model it . Maybe I will put some pictures into the WIP section next week, please, comment it when it's there.user added image I'ts going to be a very hard work, much harder then this one, I cant wait the time when I start modeling, I hope all of you will be with me and help me user added image .

Here is a photo of a bike similar to the one i have.

Attached Images

Last edited by urvinism; 28-02-2005 at 06:16 PM.
# 9 24-03-2005 , 01:39 PM
im ashamed of myself now ive been out done by a kid a year younger then i, these pics are good but i do agree with the wheels and door but who am to say i still havent finished a piece of work yet.