Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-06-2005 , 08:26 PM

renderin problems

Hello everyone. I am having a problem rendering out frames in maya 6. I will set the proper file extensions, folder destination, and quality. However, once I do the batch render, the status line says "Result: Rendering with Maya Software..." and it doesnt go a step farther. no images are rendered. The program continues to work, it doesnt crash or anything like that, it simply does not render. Are there any plugins that come with the program that I need to make sure are loaded? I tried using the other render options in maya, they turned out with the same result. I also uninstalled, then reinstalled, same problem. Can anyone help me on this?

# 2 11-06-2005 , 09:38 PM
Hi...you never mentioned looking at your script editor to see if it was rendering or coming up with an error....once you do a batch rendor..it is normal that is appears that maya is doing "nothing"...the info is logged in the script editor...so open that up and check to see what it says.
good luck
TheAnswerRP03

# 3 12-06-2005 , 12:00 AM
I looked in the script editor as well, and it did not log any information. there aren't any calculations being done, no results. i can do playblasts and test frames within the software just fine. its the batch render that im having promblems with. i check the folder destination for the frames....nothing. i have no idea whats going on.

# 4 12-06-2005 , 12:01 AM
i also checked for errors in the script editor and it did not give me any.