Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 03-03-2007 , 08:48 AM

render a nurb curve

hello. I have a scvene containing a lot of nurb curves that I have imported from illustrattor. I want to vector render them, but maya won't do this. I was wondering what I should do. There are lots of curves, and I thought about lofting to a duplicate of them, but as there are so many curves this would take forever unless there is a way of combining all of the curves into one shape? Ive been told to extrude then on their normal, by nominal amount, but I don't know what this means. Can anyone help me?

# 2 03-03-2007 , 09:42 AM
Senior Software Developer
Maya Does not render Curves. You will have to convert them into another type of geometry or apply a paint effect to them.

Other than that, its lofting them from one curve to another.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 03-03-2007 , 10:00 AM
how do I convert them to a different type of geometry?

# 4 05-03-2007 , 09:02 AM
you could extrude a very small nurbs circle along the curve and render that.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB