Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-10-2009 , 08:27 AM
Subscriber

Something i did when i was bored....

I was bored today so i made a cartoon version of me on my cheap-scape photoshop user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Last edited by monkey99; 27-10-2009 at 04:18 PM.
# 2 18-10-2009 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber
Spectacular work user added image

# 3 26-10-2009 , 06:15 PM

?

Dude this forum and entire site for just Maya...don't post photoshop on here. Especially something that took you 10 seconds. Oh and no one cares that you're 11. BYE

It's how I do.
# 4 26-10-2009 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
wth user added image

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 5 26-10-2009 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber

Re: ?

Originally posted by scrdude55555
Dude this forum and entire site for just Maya...don't post photoshop on here. Especially something that took you 10 seconds. Oh and no one cares that you're 11. BYE

Well I think you`ll find - no one cares about you and your rude attitude or "It's how I do". Infact monkey99 has added more to this forum than you ever have.

monkey99 - not bad at all mate - sorry for the rudeness.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 26-10-2009 at 09:59 PM.
# 6 27-10-2009 , 12:08 AM

ok....

You don't know that know one cares. I'm sure there is someone on this site who agrees with me that you shouldn't post photoshop crap on a MAYA website. And nice try at the whole nice guy act you're a real hero in no ones eyes.

It's how I do.
# 7 27-10-2009 , 12:51 AM
EduSciVis-er
K, dude, give it a rest...
1) Actually, I don't think anyone here thinks picking on an 11-year-old's work is care-worthy
2) What's wrong with posting 2D stuff on a maya forum? There's a ton of 2D stuff that gets integrated with 3D, it uses similar skill-sets, and should be critiqued and encouraged as such. When's the last time you saw 2D stuff used as concept art for 3D? I don't know... maybe you should keep your eyes open.
3) If you want to be critical, be constructive. Good thing to learn for anyone.
4) And nice try at the whole jerk guy act you're a real hero in no ones eyes.

# 8 27-10-2009 , 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
That was just rude, instead of critique you attacked the person and unnecessary because quite frankly, unless you're a mod then its pointless for you to tell someone what cannot be posted here. People who use Maya tend to use 2D packages as well, so big whoop he posted a sketch, he isn't the first or last. Are you seriously going to bust his chops for that?

@ Monkey99
Keep doing your thing.

- Genny
# 9 27-10-2009 , 05:33 AM
Wow why don't you all get a little more worked up about my comments...nice list by the way Imm sure you sat down for a good hour typing that one up. Good waste of time for something I didn't even care to read over. Not trying to start wars. Just making a suggestion...no photoshop on a Maya site.

It's how I do.
# 10 27-10-2009 , 08:25 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for sticking up to me guys user added image

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 11 27-10-2009 , 09:46 AM
Just ignore him Monkey99, by the sounds of his last post he's loving the reaction he's gotten with his comments so he's just getting what he wants.
It's just sad that people have to take out their anger on others.
Or more to the point you have to be pretty sad to do it.
Grow up Scrudude55555, Monkeys more mature than you'll ever be.

# 12 27-10-2009 , 09:47 AM
Subscriber

Re: ok....

You don't know that know one cares.

OOOOhh now we see the IQ level coming out. Even the 11 year old can spell and has a grasp of the English Language or use a spell check.

And nice try at the whole nice guy act you're a real hero in no ones eyes.

Helping out people on this site is what this site is for - If I wanted rude posters, who show no work I would stay at CGTalk all day long. You coming here and attacking members who add to the "Maya" community is not a good way to start.

Monkey99 - at only 11 has more drive to learn this stuff than most of the users here - you calling his stuff crap is just harsh - what could you do at 11 ??

Oh and about the whole 2D thing, maybe you should have a good look at this this site - I think you`ll find Photoshop is very welcome here.

https://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...threadid=21011

Whats next - you going to say that you can only post textures made in paint effects.

Just making a suggestion : Maybe you should go else where as you don`t seem to fit in here.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 27-10-2009 at 09:59 AM.
# 13 27-10-2009 , 11:59 AM
The Nurb Herd
haha this thread is funny.

not to knit pick, but "English Language or use a spell check." is not a great example of grammar if you are playing the grammar Nazi card. Also mokey99 has made a few grammatical errors in this thread. user added image

not to take sides but I think scrdude55555 has a point. no one does care that monkey99 is 11, or at least they shouldn't.

I think this would have been better off in the 2D concept art thread rather than having a thread of its own.

and to be fair, saying "Spectacular work" is as equally less helpful as scrdude55555's comment is.

# 14 27-10-2009 , 04:21 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think this thread is pretty funny too... but I felt like jumping in on it...and now I feel like making a new list...
@hammer
1) No, age isn't really that important, but what is important, or rather super lame, is trashing a much younger person (I would assume that, though by the attitude, scr5555555555555555dudeguy doesn't seem very old)
2) Spectacular work isn't helpful, but the winking emoticon makes it all okay user added image
3) Nitpicking over grammar and spelling is meaningless too, a lot of people here don't have english as a second language
@scroguy555555555555
4) We're worked up cause it's entertaining and you seem to be worked up too, and all you've contributed to this forum is verbal diarrhea, so I'd be more concerned about the fecal encephalopathy you've developed (haha, learned that one yesterday)
5)This whole post took me less than five minutes, so I guess typing takes you an hour, but it's not a problem for a lot of others.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and while we're knit picking... it's spelled nitpick

# 15 27-10-2009 , 04:42 PM
The Nurb Herd
tbh, i believe it would work either way. i wasn't sure and didn't google it, sorry about that.

2) Spectacular work isn't helpful, but the winking emoticon makes it all okay

I don't get it, are you being sarcastic?