Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-05-2005 , 06:03 PM
Subscriber

image plane textures appearing on primitives being created in viewport

Hi folks,

I'm modeling a character and have dragged my character reference images from the hypershade onto my image planes in maya but everytime I create geometry in maya the reference images appear on the geometry.

can anyone help?

Cheers munny.

# 2 08-05-2005 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
Hi..

I strongly suspect that the problem is you might not have created a material for each image plane (a common beginner´s mistake as far as I know).

If this is indeed the problem, here´s what you should do:

Before you create any reference image materials, remember to create a new one. This can be done in a few different ways, but the easiest is to simply open the Hypershade editor, and in the menu to the left click the Lambert button. This will create a new material, that you can safely attach an image to.

The problem probably is that you have accidentally attached an image to the default material Lambert1..

Hope it helps!

PS/ there are a few of the free tutorials on this site that goes over the whole setting-up-the-image-planes thing (can´t remember which right now), which it would be a good idea to DL and watch.

Cheers, MX.

------------------------------------------------
Latest project:
Walk-Cycle
------------------------------------------------
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
# 3 09-05-2005 , 09:19 AM
Subscriber

image planes

Thanks for the help,MX

I'll have a look at the tutorials as well.