Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 24-08-2005 , 02:43 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the info...
but 1 question.....
WHY do u have a gun??????

# 17 24-08-2005 , 05:55 PM
Subscriber
he is probably american :p

# 18 24-08-2005 , 06:33 PM
MattTheMan, thanks
BMS, no problem
DJbLAZER, I will try to do it when I get home if I can remember
pbman, I am American but I always find that a weird question. Ask someone why they have an Ipod and you usually get the anwser I like music. Why do we have dirt bikes and it is because we like to ride. I like to shoot and practice marksmanship. I go camping a bit here is phoenix and usually away from any campground. I have the gun on my hip with snake loads. I have dogs so if a snake is in a place I cannot just leave I will takes its head off. Snake loads are like mini shotgun rounds. A pistol is like a Ipod with how it could be easily carried and if you grew up around then and know gun safety, then they are far safer than a dirt bike. No I do not want to kill anyone. I am not a crazy person. I only answer this way because of all the question marks.

# 19 24-08-2005 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
heh. u needa gun to kill a snake??...

# 20 24-08-2005 , 09:19 PM
western Diamond back when you are twenty five miles out in the desert. Ya

# 21 24-08-2005 , 09:24 PM
Also I just like to go shooting. If you did not grow up around it I find it weird that people have such a strong reaction. There are a lot of things you do not nead in life but are fun to do.

# 22 25-08-2005 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber
lol.. correct me if im wrong but america has one of the highest number of gun crimes in the world? (top 6 atleast) why is this i ask? maybe cos u all have guns?

you shouldnt just shoot the frigin snakes head off... firstly if your going camping you can but venom extractor kits to take out the venom, if you stand still they probably wont attack you and theres a few ways to tell if a snake is going to strike... theres loads of alternatives to shooting it...

seriously i get the idea that the american rule of thumb is "if the person/amimal/etc infront of you might attack shoot the hell outa it"

Edit: just read bout u takin ur dog, wud a snake realy wait for you to run over to your dog, pull your gun out and let you aim at it before it strikes for your dog? i think not.

the manufacturer of the rattlesnake vaccine for dogs is Red Rock Biologics.

anyways, v nice model user added image

Last edited by matt4068; 25-08-2005 at 04:04 PM.
# 23 25-08-2005 , 04:26 PM
Haha, Well you can see the deference of opinions from deferent regions around the world. I see you watched bowling for colobine and I would recheck the way he compiled the numbers because america is actually one of the lowest. There are a few countries that are lower but the way Michael more compiled his statistics they were very misleading but lets not go there. A lot of the coutries that were less industrialized he included do not keap accurate number with a lot of unclasified deaths. Canada does not include anything in its statistic that is not murder one with a direct use of a firearm. America includes everything from cops with justifiable shooting to suisides and accident and that was why the numbers are higher. It took me a while a bit back and if you take all the info and compile it and then rule out any countriy that has to high of a number of unclassified deaths then the numbers look a lot deferent. US was still higher but by fractions of a percent per capita.

I am not sure if you have ever seen a snake bite survivor but even with the serum it is not pretty. I have seen around 12 rattle snakes and have not killed a single one, well the one I ran over did not count because it was not on purpose. America believes in being prepared but we are not a bunch of cowboys getting in gunfights. We are really not much deferent than anyone else around the world. As I am sure all germans are very sick and tired of hearing about WWII, Americans may seem arogant because of the constant comments, thanks again to Michael Moore.

I would never say that your way of things over there are wrong or that It is not a great thing that most of your police do not even have firearms but come over here and go offroading in the vast deserts and moutains we have. Stop just modeling things like guns and trucks and experience them for yourself. Go out shooting and have fun then you may realize that you have certain rights stripped from you that you are actually defending.

Thanks for all your kind words about the modeling.

# 24 25-08-2005 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber
hey, i think we had a miss understanding, i thought you said you went out and shot any snake you saw :p anyway, i see your point of view and agree user added image i already knew michael moore was totaly biased :p user added image u got a pic of ur mesh before smooth?

# 25 25-08-2005 , 05:40 PM
dOH. I knew I forgot to do something last night. Tonight I will.

# 26 25-08-2005 , 11:51 PM
Here is the unsmoothed wire.

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 26-08-2005 , 12:50 AM
three letters for ya: w - o - w

# 28 26-08-2005 , 05:03 AM
Wow, very nice modeling!

I live in the United States, and i'm Vegetarian, which means I don't believe in killing unless I have to. But going out and shoting a gun can be fun, but for me its cans not animals. I would kill an animal if I had no other food items arounduser added image

I offen wonder what is fun about killing, even in video game there is alot of killing for the most part, which I don't enjoy that much, but what I do enjoy is the art in games, like models, textures, lighting etc, and more so the puzzls like in the Myst series. And thats goes for movies as well (the CG effects).

Anyways good workuser added image

# 29 26-08-2005 , 02:34 PM

Originally posted by vedic kings

I offen wonder what is fun about killing, even in video game there is alot of killing for the most part, which I don't enjoy that much, but what I do enjoy is the art in games, like models, textures, lighting etc, and more so the puzzls like in the Myst series. And thats goes for movies as well (the CG effects).

I enjoy the art in video games too. One of my favourites is Ratchet and Clank. The lighting in that game is really good. The textures aren't bad either. It does involve guns though, but there's no blood user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 30 27-08-2005 , 01:38 AM
Subscriber
shooting a gun is lots of fun, my dad is a canadian police officer and he used to take me to the shooting range with him to fire off his 9mm handgun when i was young.

but i dont really think people should keep gun in their residential houses.

First year 3D Grad