Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-08-2010 , 04:06 PM
Subscriber

UV texture ideas

Hey Guys!

I started to texture the fiat from the 'car park' thread. I ve some problem with the seat textures. How can i ve nice textures without adding more polys? I dont like the meeting point, where the two different texture meets. What do you do if you ve a problem like that?

waiting for nice tips!

joey

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-08-2010 , 05:27 PM
Lifetime Member
a bump map or displacement map should help with that if you dont want to model it.
you could always fake it a little with painted in lighting on the texture, not too much just subtle.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 16-08-2010 , 08:52 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
also you can try resizing the texture, the patterns look kind of big compared to the photo you have, not sure if this is on purpose or not.

# 4 27-08-2010 , 02:01 PM
Subscriber
Thats true. I think i ll do 2object from the upper side of the seat & add a little more detail. 1will be stripped everywhere & the middle part will be the square patterned. & i ll leave the side sewing. If i do i ll make that for a 3rd object...

Originally posted by Ozgalis
also you can try resizing the texture, the patterns look kind of big compared to the photo you have, not sure if this is on purpose or not.