Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-08-2007 , 04:12 PM

UV mapping and another question

Well I select the object I want to texture, and all it shows is a quater of the grid greyed out. It doesn't show any shells or my model unwrapped or anything even though it's selected before I go into Window > Uv Texture editor.

I've created my texture into an Image file, then loaded it into Adobe Photoshop, then applied an engraving to it, then saved that and loaded it into a blinn/phong whatever. The engraving was wrong and all over the place, I tried to use the Uv texture editer but nothing is showing :S

Also, I'm trying to add new attributes to my directional emitters' particle. Its checked with "Scalar" but I want the greyed out "Per particle array". It won't let me uncheck scalar or even check per particle array.. user added image

How do I do this?? I hope I'm clear, thanks.

# 2 07-08-2007 , 04:18 PM
You make Uv map ?

# 3 07-08-2007 , 04:29 PM
Eh??

# 4 07-08-2007 , 06:52 PM
Subscriber
post an image of your problem. That should help us understand you better.

# 5 07-08-2007 , 07:00 PM
As you said u notice that you miss the part of UV mapping your object ... but yeah post a pic of the problem and we will help user added image