Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 13-11-2012 , 07:17 AM

3d model downloads?

I was wondering if there was any kind of website where you can download simple 3d models for free for maya? I´m interested in downloading models like furniture for house interiors. I have been trying to use maya for architectural renderings so it would be helpful to know if there is such a webpage, so that i don´t have to make every chair, sofa, toilet, bed, table, kitchen appliances, etc in the model since i´m much more interesting in the building and space in itself.

If there is such a website i would greatly appreciate the info!

Thanks!

# 2 13-11-2012 , 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
There are freebies around the net, Turbosquid has free models, Evermotion has some nice freebies as well (as long as you give them credit and not use it commercially), however you probably won't find a treasure trove of free high quality models, most people value their work enough not to do that.

- Genny
# 3 15-11-2012 , 11:44 PM
Thanks for the info and the quick reply! I had imagined that the quality wasn´t going to be high. But you´re right, everybody appreciates their own work and it´s actually a good thing that people do.

Thanks again!

# 4 16-11-2012 , 02:09 AM
Google 3D Warehouse. There are 100,000's of models for free.

# 5 19-11-2012 , 10:45 PM
Subscriber
creative crash is another one

# 6 26-11-2012 , 08:39 AM
Thanks for the help! Appreciate it!