Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-10-2005 , 07:45 PM

Rendering Movies with Mental ray

Is there a way I can render Movies with Mental Ray? Any help would be appreciated. user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 2 07-10-2005 , 07:48 AM
Heya,

You would need to adjust all your settings in your render globals(Mental Ray Options), and then batch render using Mental Ray.

Mills user added image

-------------------------------------------
# 3 07-10-2005 , 01:42 PM
I tred doing that, but I can't seem to find way to render it out as a .qt file. All I could find were image files to save as.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 4 07-10-2005 , 02:24 PM
I don't think you can render out as .mov file. It doesnt look like you can save as .avi file either. Not to sure about it though....you could always just take the image files and make a .mov file in premiere or another editing program?

Mills user added image

-------------------------------------------
# 5 07-10-2005 , 09:27 PM
Personally, I'd just get Quicktime Pro -- its quick, easy, like 30$, and can string together Targas w/ Alpha Channels into lossless movies w/ Alpha Channel for those who use Adobe After Effects (IE: You don't need to key out anything... its all 100% perfectly backgroundless out of Maya)