Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-02-2005 , 05:56 PM
Subscriber

Carton render

Hey,
I am working on a short scene and I want to give it a look of an old lucas arts game (Day f the tentecal to be exact).
I tired using the vector render that came with maya but it doesnt supoprt all the lights.
can anyone point me in the right direction?

# 2 24-02-2005 , 08:23 PM
Subscriber
DOTT ROCKS!!! user added image

Don't really know anything about Vector Render, but if I get what you're trying to do, you can use a cellshaded shader... That creates a cartoon kinda effect (similar to the grapics in XIII if you've ever played it)

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 3 24-02-2005 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
I agree DOTT does rock user added image
and do you happen to know where I can get a cell shader like that? all the plugins I did manage to find dont work on 6.5, and sicne that's what we have in class I have no choice....user added image

# 4 24-02-2005 , 08:32 PM
Subscriber
I know I've seen at least one over at highend3d.com but I haven't tried it out myself yet...

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 5 25-02-2005 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
thanks, Ill take a look user added image