Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-09-2012 , 06:13 PM

Real Flow question

Hi everyone.

I have a newbie question.

For my Horror scene in the wip area, I've branched off to experiment with my toolbox floating on the ocean as an exercise.

I have the basic set up done. I'm going to add Real Flow and have a question as it's a bit confusing. Specifically the instal process. Of the various tutorials (not many) Ive found for the process, I am confused with the following...

Is the plug in separate from the RF tool kit? I found a tut that said make sure to have the latest plug in before installing. So question is is this accurate that i need the plug in AND the tool kit from Real Flow, or is there a standard plug in that I just plug in that gives me real flow for the ocean foam and particles?

If either or the latter, can anyone walk me through the intal steps as it reads like Greek.

Thanks a million!

TC

# 2 02-09-2012 , 08:24 PM
The Nurb Herd
Don't real flow do any support?

# 3 02-09-2012 , 09:11 PM
You know what dude?...That was just outright rude.

# 4 03-09-2012 , 08:25 AM
The Nurb Herd
wtf are you talking about? this is a maya forum. I think if I were having problems installing real flow i would ask them about it.

I hope you didn't think it was rude when i was helping you understand maya, and i hope you can understand why i wont be helping you again.

# 5 06-09-2012 , 07:54 AM
The Nurb Herd
I still pretty confused by this. There has been no explanation and I can only assume you are ignoring me. I find that pretty rude and extremely annoying.

# 6 06-09-2012 , 08:34 PM
The Nurb Herd
...whatever Travis.

This forum has been really useful over the past few years, but i think i've out stayed my welcome. I find things like this thread really annoying. I don't come to this forum to make ****ing rude comments. I'd probably have been banned by now if that were the case.
I've done my fair share of answering the same old questions and no doubt asking those same questions at some time or another. Its really difficult to find a decent, interesting forum, but i'm interested in other aspects of 3D now, and other topics that don't get discussed much here.
Maya is just a small piece of the puzzle and i wish you all the best with your 3D'ing in the future.

Last edited by honestdom; 11-09-2012 at 07:37 AM.
# 7 06-09-2012 , 08:59 PM
The thin red line
Dom I dont know why Travis called you rude you were just your normal self a little abrupt but over the years I have come to exept that as your way, now witch one are you on that chartuser added image...........dave

# 8 11-09-2012 , 02:06 PM
Technical Director
Travis, I don't think honestdom was being rude; he's just to the point, and even then, it was a valid question.

Let's just put this behind us, and move on, ok? user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.