Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 12-03-2004 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber

Light Setup for Kamors Throne room

This is Kamors throne room. Not finished. Props are missing and etc. But i would like to get tips about the room, critique it. Make me regret for asking critiques pls. I seriously need help on lighting. I am planning to use mostly static renders in my animation so i wont have much camera movements therefore i am planning to render with mental-ray so pls help...
ps:Its dawn time and sun is planned to be coming from right side of the throne.

user added image

One Day, i will have enough money to buy a 15m yacht. Then i will take you all and have a world trip... One day .... yeah... one day.........
# 2 12-03-2004 , 04:52 PM
probably try using spot lights to cast shadows, spotlights are also easir on rendering then point lights incase thats what u used.

# 3 13-03-2004 , 08:24 AM
Subscriber

update

here is a quick render with some volumetric lights

user added image

and

user added image

One Day, i will have enough money to buy a 15m yacht. Then i will take you all and have a world trip... One day .... yeah... one day.........
# 4 13-03-2004 , 11:27 AM
Subscriber

update

user added image

# 5 14-03-2004 , 04:21 AM
Looking good...keep it coming!

-------------------------------------------
# 6 24-03-2004 , 11:17 AM
Subscriber

kamors Room gone Massive

ok since Kamor is the king of the kings i thought that room was little dodgy for him so i remodelled another one with high ceiling and much more space. i have been trying to get the lights right and keep the rendering time low. so i have switched from FG to GI which gave me under a minute renders with my 256MB ram and
P4 2.56GHZ

user added image
1minute 10 seconds 6 omni 1 direct 1 ambient GI no FG

user added image
1minute 17 seconds 6 omni 1direct 1 ambient GI no FG

user added image
1minute 19seconds 6 omni 1 direct 1 ambient GI no FG

# 7 24-03-2004 , 04:14 PM
Nice rays user added image

# 8 26-03-2004 , 08:05 AM
Subscriber

light setup Mara Software Renderer Need more tips

ok here are the renders under 20 seconds
maya software renderer

user added image

user added image

user added image