Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-03-2004 , 04:38 PM

Noob in need of some advice/guidance.

Great site. I'm a noob just starting out and have many questions. However, at the moment I am having an issue with converting triangles to polygons on my poly mesh. I am trying to create a ridge line from the intersection of two objects to a focal point on the forehead. Still new to the application, I am not sure of all that's available to me. I chose split polygon and the result was three triangles (included in first screenie).
user added image

This is the only proposal I could muster ....

user added image

It sure seems like a lot more geometry. Anybody got any other ideas/comments/etc? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bjohnson; 01-03-2004 at 05:45 PM.
# 2 01-03-2004 , 05:04 PM
Kevin
so you trying to delete the edge?

also maybe post jpgs as these bmps took ages to load on my broadband even, and theres a lot of 56 kers here who can help you to

# 3 01-03-2004 , 05:05 PM
Kevin
and btw ...welcome user added image

# 4 01-03-2004 , 05:53 PM

thx

Thanks Kevin. Images converted to jpg. Apologies to all for the inconvenience.

I'm trying to create a ridge along the edges that create those triangles. Eventually this ridge will form the top of a mask which covers the face. At this point, I am trying to stick with 4-sided polygons mostly because most of my research says to do so. :o

# 5 01-03-2004 , 06:02 PM
The Maya Mountain
it's not always possible to efficiently stay with 4-sided, but you want to have as few n-sided as you can.

# 6 01-03-2004 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
n-sided?

# 7 01-03-2004 , 06:38 PM
more than four

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 8 01-03-2004 , 07:13 PM
mtmckinley wrote:

it's not always possible to efficiently stay with 4-sided, but you want to have as few n-sided as you can.

Thanks for the response. At this point, I don't believe I have any n-sided (>4). In hindsight, I just assumed quad only. Never occured to me to use both quads and triangles. :o Any disadvantages with this approach?