Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-06-2006 , 12:32 AM
Subscriber

Sub D Skin

Does anybody know why I can't paint skin weights when I bind a sub D skin to a skeleton. I have no problem doing it with polygon skins but when I go to paint the weights on a binded sud D skin I can view the weights but I can't change them.

If anybody knows please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

# 2 08-06-2006 , 08:27 AM
actually its a refresh bug (in my version of maya), make a cylinder with 4 joints in it and skin that, select joint 1, and flood it (for exmaple) and then select joint 2 and paint a bit with a replace of 1, then toggle back to joint 1, and the weights have changed.

AnDy

# 3 17-06-2006 , 10:50 AM
I found that if you just paint a bit and then hit undo and then redo real quick then its easier to paint. Does anyone know if they plan to fix this refresh bug coz its rather annoying

# 4 24-05-2007 , 06:09 AM

Got to repick this thread

I tried both of the suggested solutions but it occurs that it's no refresh bug. It seems like I can't paint the skin weights on my sub D mesh indeed. I tried different subD meshes. It simply doesn't work. I'm using Maya 8.0. Does anybody have a clue? Thanks in advance.

# 5 24-05-2007 , 08:28 AM

Yes, its a refresh bug!

But to refresh the display I had to deselect the "paint skin weights - tool" and to reselect it again. What a mess! They should fix this! Anyway, thats a third possibility to refresh your display of skin weights.