Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 23-01-2003 , 03:40 PM
Hey guys its about 4 here in St. Louis. (Witch is Crazy!) and the high to day is going to be somewhere around 12. user added image coldest its been around here in years...
anyways, back to the subject at hand... Are you thinking the Tutorial will be ready by early next week? Just wondering. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 17 23-01-2003 , 03:47 PM
Kevin
lol.... mate it will be out before next week for sure.... craig redone a part as he wasnt happy with it.. hang in there bro!!

# 18 23-01-2003 , 04:02 PM
Subscriber
Quick question Kevin...

brian_ellebracht wrote:
I am trying really hard on the Model of the month competition, so I might be able to get 5 more points...

Does that mean it's possible to win points for VIP tutorials?
I still plan on purchasing points as soon as I get paid user added image

Oh, BTW, it's a brisk 70+ degrees here in San Diego; home of this year's Super Bowl, and Siggraph 2003. Wish you guys were here user added image

hehe,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 19 23-01-2003 , 04:27 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by GCastro
Quick question Kevin...

brian_ellebracht wrote:
I am trying really hard on the Model of the month competition, so I might be able to get 5 more points...

Does that mean it's possible to win points for VIP tutorials?
I still plan on purchasing points as soon as I get paid user added image

Oh, BTW, it's a brisk 70+ degrees here in San Diego; home of this year's Super Bowl, and Siggraph 2003. Wish you guys were here user added image

hehe,
George

yes mate!

Member of the month gets 14 points
the 3d model winner gets 5
the challenge comps both newbie and normal get 5 each to user added image

plus when im feeling extra special genorous I do dump a few points at people if they are doing good - but im not always feeling it lol

# 20 23-01-2003 , 04:28 PM
Kevin
oh and I wish I was with you to because its pissing down with rain here and dam cold to! user added image

# 21 23-01-2003 , 04:35 PM
Subscriber
That's great Kevin! user added image

had a quick question about this upcomming tutorial...

Can you briefly describe the difference between this rigging tutorial, and the character rigging tutorial that just came out?

Seems like there can be some cool things done with SDK on this robotic dog, like pistons and gizmos moving and whatnot.

Can't wait for it to come out user added image
George

P.S. How does one become Member of the Month?

God Bless you and 3D
# 22 23-01-2003 , 04:41 PM
Motm gets 14 Pts? user added image Thats totally cool. Maybe I will try harder and shoot for that next month, competition is so tough though. People are really helpfull here. As far as the Robot tutorial goes, Its all good Kevin. I am not in that big of a hurry. It will definetly be worth the wait. Just anxious. Thanks guys,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 23 23-01-2003 , 04:51 PM
Kevin
sure GCastro

well the main point is that 1 is organic and one not... as you say pistons, flaps, gizmo hydraulics can be used on the dog as where the character needs to be set and weghted so it moves naturally.

both tutorial will server there own purpose for whatever you needed..

There will be many set driven keys on the dog ... And its probably fair to say mike will also do this on the hands of the character but I have yet to discuss this with him.

but it will be fantastic for sure as mike and craig have some great skills... both will be top tutorials.. I watched mikes rig part 1 and he is just so natural about the way he goes about it... I learn something everytime I watch him. Plus it was extra nice of him to give his character to go along with as many would not have so many thanks to him!

and craig: well craig was the guy who inspired me to get into maya and open this site! so it goes without saying that he is my mentor.

lol I went a little off the topic here but I sure am lucky to know 2 of the nicest people you could ever meet!

dam i love you guys :love:

# 24 23-01-2003 , 04:53 PM
Kevin
yep thats right brian... MOTM gets 14 as he has contributed all the month through... has helped people,and generally gave sm a good name!

post counts alone dont do it - so no spam user added image

# 25 23-01-2003 , 05:11 PM
I didn't think that you based it on post counts. Don't get me wrong, I know it takes allot to be Motm, or at least to do what it takes to be MOTM, so Congrats to everybody who has made MOTM. You really deserve it. I think that The Mods here are very good at Judging the MOTM and Contest Winners. There are certain places (I am not going to give names) that choose an obviously lesser piece, because they are more well know or because of Favoritism. But, I haven't seen anything like that here, witch is why Simply Maya is the Forum that I visit and post the most on by far. Great site guys, best one for beginners like Us I have seen anywhere. P.s. why such a wierd #14? I mean, why not like 10 or 15? lol. Just wondering why you chose 14.
Thanks,
Brian
Can't wait till you are able to start hosting websites. I will be one of the first to sign on.
Btw, do you still need other prices?

Please check
My (old) website!
# 26 23-01-2003 , 05:20 PM
Kevin
lol well 14 point is based on if you buy into the vip area.

so 14 points we decided to give user added image

not really sure why we didnt do 10 or 15 lol just had to pick a number I guess LOL

anyways thx for your kind words brian! and yep hosting packages are under way! its a lot of work and yep prices if you can mate! at least then we know what we are up against!

but whatever mate we will give you a top price

# 27 23-01-2003 , 05:23 PM
Kevin
and anyways brian you got me thinking now... whats the site that does the Favoritism thing user added image ?? common ..spill the beans!!

if not here then pm me, I swear I wont tell a soul user added image - but i might announce it in the mods section to give us a chuckle

# 28 23-01-2003 , 05:37 PM
Spill the beans... user added image I don't know, Maybe I will Im you. But, its all based on opinion, I don't want to talk about anybody or their site. But, here are some example of prices. I have heard that CGChannel offers hosting, BUt I couldn't find a link on their site. SO, here are some others in no particular order. Hope this is helpful. The price really depends on how much space, amount of bandwith ect... Thanks,
Brian

https://www.netnation.com/products/hosting_plans.cfm

https://www.hosting.com/dedicated_managed_windows.jsp

https://hosting.verio.com/index.php/web_silver.html

https://hosting.verio.com/index.php/web_bronze.html

https://www.rpghost.com/hostrule.shtml

Please check
My (old) website!
# 29 23-01-2003 , 05:58 PM
Kevin
right so the offers you are looking at are around (unless signing for 5 years)

with the following:

7.5 GB of monthly data transfer
• 200 MB diskspace
• 20 configurable POP/WebMail e-mail accounts
• 20 mail forwards
• 20 autoresponders

right let me see if I can get dave here to tell you a little on what we can provide in terms of scripts etc..

# 30 23-01-2003 , 06:17 PM
Kevin
right mate I am going to post an announcement on the hosting packages in the next few mins