Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 02-06-2003 , 12:30 PM
Subscriber
Just whatched it last night and I have to say that this must be there best movie to date in my opinion. A lot more adult humour than Pixar usually does. Script is incredible, good adventures. Modeling animation and rendering were outstanding. They also showe off there next movie the incredibles or something like that. Very funny. Can't wait!

Last edited by roach105; 02-06-2003 at 12:34 PM.
# 17 03-06-2003 , 10:54 PM
"ELLO" user added image

Seen it twice! Will see it thrice! That movie is AMAZING!!! Great story, humor, graphics, characters and the fact that Pixar can give that much expression to a fish!!! WOW!!! As soon as you can see this movie do so!!!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 18 04-06-2003 , 03:57 AM
Subscriber

Finding Nemo

Awesome Movie!
The water was very well done, the way the light shines through it.
The animation of the fish swimming is very smooth.

got to see it.

-Jonas

# 19 04-06-2003 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
WOW!!!! I cant beleive i missed this thread for so long but I went to go see it on monday. Anyways, that was the most amazing movie when it comes to graphics than i have seen in a long time! Great movie and I say everyone should go see it. It has an action/drama/comedy feel to it.. quite rounded in all areas user added image. Their models have came a long way from monsters Inc. (still my favourite movie user added image). Monsters Inc, the movie had little detail put into the background models. They were still great but in finding nemo the WHOLE movie and ALL the objects were incredible. I missed half the movie from just watching the graphics user added image. At the end of the movie at the credits you can see googly bear with a snorkel going across the screen.... i was happy to see that user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 20 04-06-2003 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
You know we've entered a new age when you hear people saying they recorded part of a movie in a theatre with their phone! user added image user added image :wow:

# 21 04-06-2003 , 11:41 PM
Unfortunately, Finding Nemo is not released in the UK until 10th October....

Big bummer for me, as I'm in UK until September and then going to be out in the US until December, so I'll probably miss it in the cinema completely.... user added image

Hugh Macdonald

UnFramed Productions
Goodnight Opus - TD Lead

VFXTalk.com - Online Compositing Community - Admin
# 22 04-06-2003 , 11:44 PM
That really sucks mate.
Hope you get a chance at finding a theater still playing it in the US when you get there.

# 23 04-06-2003 , 11:52 PM
You should be able in those cheapo $2 theatres that show all the movies late user added image

# 24 04-06-2003 , 11:54 PM
Either that, or I'll hope that it's still showing here when I get back....

I'll just have to make sure I get back to the UK before Return of the King is released! (The course I'm doing finishes on the 1st dec, but I was thinking of doing some travelling for a bit......)

Hugh Macdonald

UnFramed Productions
Goodnight Opus - TD Lead

VFXTalk.com - Online Compositing Community - Admin
# 25 05-06-2003 , 01:09 AM
Do the travelling. Much more worthwhile.

# 26 05-06-2003 , 04:04 AM
I saw the movie like friday night. I agree there animation was excellent and very smooth. The humor in most situations i thought was boring, the story line was so predictable a 5 year old could guess 20 minutes ahead. It was pathetic. But the animation and personification did rock.

# 27 05-06-2003 , 07:38 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
I saw the movie like friday night. I agree there animation was excellent and very smooth. The humor in most situations i thought was boring, the story line was so predictable a 5 year old could guess 20 minutes ahead. It was pathetic. But the animation and personification did rock.

maybe that was only you but I had no idea how things would turn up at the end and how they did...

also the jokes were not that bad... it was funny...user added image

-Emo

# 28 06-06-2003 , 12:54 PM
Dang. I should have seen it while I was in St. Louis(just got back last night loved it btw) I have no theaters within 40 miles LOL.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 29 07-06-2003 , 02:32 PM

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 30 07-06-2003 , 04:14 PM
Going to check today for release dates around this place.
I want to see this one too -badly-.