Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 24-11-2006 , 05:05 AM

what is this

can someone please tell me what this tool is because i cant seem to find it anywhere on the maya interface

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-11-2006 , 05:41 AM
Simply Maya OG
This should be in the Maya Chat section. Id move it, but Im not a supermod...just a WIP mod. I have no idea what tool it is, but hold your mouse/cursor over it, and it should have alittle pop-up telling you what it is. It almost looks like some kind of merging tool.

- Hybrid
# 3 24-11-2006 , 06:32 AM

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
This should be in the Maya Chat section. Id move it, but Im not a supermod...just a WIP mod. I have no idea what tool it is, but hold your mouse/cursor over it, and it should have alittle pop-up telling you what it is. It almost looks like some kind of merging tool.

thanks for the reply but this screen shot was taken from a dvd i was watching and it was used a few times i just wanted to know what it was

# 4 24-11-2006 , 06:48 AM
Could be extrude CV

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 24-11-2006 , 09:26 AM

Originally posted by gster123
Could be extrude CV

i think it might be called a poly move edge tool, but i cant seem to find on maya 7

# 6 24-11-2006 , 12:29 PM
Senior Software Developer
If you've seem it on a DVD, it may be part of the Maya Bonus Tools (free for the Autodesk "the-area" site). Also be aware that a lot of instructors/tutors use custom UI's and MEL scripts.

I would post on the support site where you got the DVD and ask there. From the icon it isn't merge vertices, but it might be a colapse edge or similar operation...

From the toolbar its associated to the cpToolbox, maybe its a custom operation associated to that plugin/MEL scripts.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)