Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 13-10-2007 , 02:36 PM
Subscriber

Just got the Tranformers Special Edition DVD

WOW this thing is awesome. It has the best visual effects I have ever seen. I was also pumped to check out the special features on the second disk. If you check out the sub-section titled "allspark" something or another, you can see the digital artists using MAYA! After seeing some of the Star Wars behind the scenes I was aware of ILM using Maya as their main 3d tool. It was just cool to see how it was all done!

TAKE A LOOK!

-MiKE

# 2 13-10-2007 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the note dude. I've been meaning to check it out must be awesome. I heard optimus prime was composed of 10,108 cg parts each carefully painted, detailed, textured with the right dirt/rust...
sometimes I'm glad I didn't work on that project :p
but yea I gotta get myself that DVD and find out more I've always wondered a lot on some of the behind the scenes of that movie.

# 3 13-10-2007 , 06:36 PM
Is it out already? Thats a fast turnaround.

haha the way youve worded that Danotron it sounds like you work for ILM (if you do just laugh at me)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 14-10-2007 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
haha no I just love reading about the company. started by Lucas and now one of the best top-notch special effects company? I mean how cool is thatuser added image

# 5 14-10-2007 , 05:49 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by danotronXX
haha no I just love reading about the company. started by Lucas and now one of the best top-notch special effects company? I mean how cool is thatuser added image

Probably couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, the whole second DVD is excellent. I could watch it again tonight.

-MiKE