Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 91 26-12-2007 , 10:24 AM
Subscriber
looks about .., the cost is clear

here is a start

lighting will be my interest..

just started on textue.., a bit of modelling to go

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 92 26-12-2007 , 11:28 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Looking good so far... no crits from me, except maybe the render is a bit dark.

About mine and your earlier posts... where i said "Who cars if Louis is 16" or not..... i was NOT defending him.. As you seem to imply in your response. Rather defending you!

If a crazy guy is stood in the middle of the street screaming, and you go over there to deal with the problem, and shut him up, and start arguing with him, and five minutes later i walk along.... I'm not going to be able to tell which one of you is the crazy one....

The same applies to this thread.... I simple said who cares if he's 16 ... so that people could just move on and leave the subject be.

If you don't want to talk to him... just ignore him!

Anyway, models looking good! I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 93 26-12-2007 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber
hey i sort of knew that.., but by then i was seeing red.., sorry about that.., no bad blood i hope ??

trying to get todays render on.., the shot always seems too big

try again user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 94 26-12-2007 , 12:27 PM
Subscriber
just for fun.., and its enough for the day.., the render

Attached Images

# 95 26-12-2007 , 05:27 PM
Subscriber
trying differant things .., added a directional light.., want to get some edge lighting and specular..??

Attached Thumbnails

# 96 27-12-2007 , 10:55 AM
Subscriber
nearly time to study some serious lighting effects (I will have to stop talking to my self.., ill go blind user added image or at the very least get blisters on my fingers user added image

added some procedural texturs to the dart.., no texture libary on the mac and .. blah blah, ect ect

Attached Thumbnails

# 97 27-12-2007 , 11:13 AM
nice dart texture, i guess lighting will be most of this project.

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 98 27-12-2007 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
yo dude .., im thinking you are right.. not as easy as i thought user added image

the latest

Attached Thumbnails

# 99 27-12-2007 , 12:13 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
The lighting is looking pretty good, but the Cork texture just inst doing it my friend. I think you'll have to revise this texture.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 100 27-12-2007 , 12:24 PM
Subscriber
totally agree.., havent got there yet user added image coming soon to this station!! needs displacement and a levels change on the colour matt. the bump mat needs replacing with displacement. might try a Z pass too, never done one.., anyone know how.

the overall look is too 'digital' too.., needs a gaussian blur or some volumetric fog (very very light} and there is more i can think of but i wont rave on

i also wanted to use a very small/simple colour palette from the beginning.., to match the simplicity of the scene.., it will be a darker in the end.

i guess the hard part about this model is making something soooo simple look like something interesting.., that the challenge HERE!!!

thanks for dropping in

cheers

# 101 28-12-2007 , 03:11 PM
Subscriber
man.., :angery: i knocked the project camera and thought id frozen trans.., but didnt.., bugger

ill adjust it later

Attached Thumbnails

# 102 28-12-2007 , 05:51 PM
Lifetime Member
It's starting to look nice, but looking at it closely I think the 25 score area (next area out from the bull) is a little too thin and the outer 25 ring should be a bigger diameter.This could be just the angle of the render but looking at your reference the diameter is at least as wide as the dart flight.

On a lighter note and no crit of the scene what so ever.. That dart must be from the 1930's..lol
it looks very heavy to throw and I can't see Phil Taylor getting his podgy fingers around it ...hehe.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 103 29-12-2007 , 04:37 AM
Subscriber
hey, many thanks.., ill get on to it.., didnt see that.., and im still annoyed at bumping camera 2.., can you see any significant change in composition.., i mean is the camera knocked too far from the render before.., or is that just me looking for excuses??

i really need something to make this scene pop?? but i dont know what it is??

it is an old dart.., i have some referances of newer dats.., but i like the curves on this one.., nothing like good curves on a body user added image

# 104 29-12-2007 , 05:43 AM
Lifetime Member
I actually think the new camera position is slightly better, it just gives a little more view of the board.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 105 29-12-2007 , 05:53 AM
Subscriber
cool, ill go with that, maybe exaggerate it more..?? i noticed also the lighting is in need of attention around the board and at the backdrop (which is a ramp shader) and the texture of the board needs medicine too.., lots of work on such a simple scene.

theres already around 8 lights i think

1 directional (.2)
3 spots (linear.., 4-5)
and 3 points (cubic) (7-10)

well 7 lights then user added image

im watching DVDs on digital sets today (nice uni has finished) .., lighting and rendering.., i watched layout and modelling a couple of days ago.., very nice.., some astounding and simple techniques used in the pro industry

ill give the dart a rest today.., many thanks for your help

user added image