Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-07-2003 , 05:48 PM

fingers crossed just had an interview

ok guys keep your fingers crossed for me please!! i just had an interview with framstore CFC! user added image man I'm so nervous damnit I really want that job user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 25-07-2003 , 07:15 PM
The Maya Mountain
Good luck!

# 3 25-07-2003 , 07:57 PM
cheers I will find out next week if I was successful so I'm off to have a few beers to put it outta my head user added image

ALan

IMDB
# 4 29-07-2003 , 11:43 AM
Good Luck Alan, Hope you get it user added image

# 5 29-07-2003 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber
Man, Framestore CFC is a fine shop - I love the stuff they're doing (especially the Johhny Walker clip with the shoals of "no-fishes").

All the best - you really deserve a decent job! :thumbsup:

Renderizer

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 6 29-07-2003 , 11:53 AM
Dude go get yourself soooo drunk, and come back and start posting

Good luck btw user added image
fingers and toes crossed, I think I need Potassium in my diet-I miss the banana smilie user added image-

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.
# 7 29-07-2003 , 11:54 AM
thanks man, i keep on checking my email over and over in the vain hope that they have sent me something.... lol it's driving me nuts

Alan

IMDB
# 8 29-07-2003 , 11:59 AM
Dude, don't let it get on your nerves, worst case scenario -God Forbid- you'll learn from this interview, I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but expecting the worse and adjusting to it, always makes the results looks better, do you have a link of your work?

Insha Allah all will be better, I'll pray for you -provided I get half of your first pay check of course user added image -

[edit]Forget asking about the link, just checked your page, hey you're a fellow flasher, how come I don't see you in ww.flashkit.com then user added image[/edit]

[edit2]Man do I feel stupid, I've seen your work before at FK, I loved that draggable mask emulating thing user added image thumbs up man, well no need to worry then, I'd hire you immediately, so start celebrating already[/edit2] user added image user added image

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.

Last edited by el-ignoramus; 29-07-2003 at 12:02 PM.
# 9 29-07-2003 , 12:36 PM
lol cheers man, yeah i used to do a lot of flash stuff and that was something I did ages ago. None of my maya stuff is on the website and it's all really old crappy max stuff i did that I thought was good at the time but now i realise..... check my WIP and the last animation i did is here: https://www.alanwoods.co.uk/files/cho...20x576high.avi

I may post my reel sometime, but it's nothing special user added image thanks for the kind words though

Alan

IMDB
# 10 29-07-2003 , 01:27 PM
good luck man, I am on the same waiting boat... so I know what your going thru. Kinda sucks... lol.. Good luck

Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 11 29-07-2003 , 01:44 PM
cheers brian! any studio that doesnt hire you to do ALL their modelling for a project in one nite user added image is crazy! have you thought of applying to any british studios?

Alan

IMDB
# 12 29-07-2003 , 02:24 PM
Subscriber
Good luck!

# 13 29-07-2003 , 02:33 PM
Good luck man.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 14 29-07-2003 , 03:54 PM
Pure_Morning,

Actually I don't have my modeling demo done yet. I have had some requests on my Matchmoving work, so I made a 2 min demo for matchmoving. I still need to make a modeling demo. neverending work in this field. Takes up so much time.. but its fun user added image Good luck man, I will let you know if I hear anything (from Tippett Studio) Talk to you later,
Brian

(I will apply anywhere I can to get a job)

Please check
My (old) website!
# 15 30-07-2003 , 03:45 PM
woohoo good news guys I have a second interview with them this friday! user added image :headbang: user added image

IMDB