Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-04-2004 , 06:31 AM

Weird Viewing Problem

Alright, I'll try to explain this as best I can. My view panels are set up as the 4 default panes. Now when I use the space bar to full-view a certian pane, all the geometry dissapears. The only way to get it back is to select was is presumbly there (I can't see it) and then hit 4 or 5 to turn shading back on. It's only happening when I full-view the pane, and not when I go back out to the four views. Has anyone seen something like this before? I seem to remember a post with something like this a long time ago, but search couldn't find anything. Alright, thanks a bunch.

# 2 22-04-2004 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber
have you got an nvidia graphics card?
because if you do its a driver problem i have the same thing

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 22-04-2004 , 07:51 AM
Lifetime Member
the latest nvidia drivers have cured this problem..you should update user added image

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 22-04-2004 , 09:34 PM
Oh yeah, now that I realized I had updated my drivers in the past few days. I'll get the new ones. Thanks.

# 5 25-04-2004 , 09:26 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Before you mess around with your drivers on your card, select the camera for that panel and go to camera clipping in the AE and try adjusting the near and far clipping before tearing your machine apart!!

# 6 25-04-2004 , 11:14 PM
Thanks, but it was a driver problem. Got the new ones from nVidia and everything's alright.