Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-02-2005 , 06:53 PM

First realistic human

I have done a low poly human before but this is my first try at somthing more realistic. Right now I am trying to finesh the head. I have been having some problems with his mouth and cheaks. My referance model had a really flat face and it just didnt look right so I have been doing allot of tweaking. What do you think?

Attached Thumbnails

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
# 2 27-02-2005 , 06:55 PM

Wire Frame

Wire Frame

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 28-02-2005 , 11:25 PM

Texture test

This is just a really rough test. I will probably get rid of the goat and use fur for it but I just wanted to see what it would look like. Any general sugjestions?

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 01-03-2005 , 07:02 AM
Subscriber
you are really quite good at texturing the face, i am going to a workshop on human texturing this week wed. so maybe ill find out how you did that

First year 3D Grad
# 5 01-03-2005 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
Very nice, the texture is looking really good even for a rough version.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 6 01-03-2005 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
Head's looking good. Main crit right now is the ear where it connects to the cheek (front). It's a bit thick. Ok now you've used ref, but if the proportions was ideal the bottom of the ear would make a straight line to the bottom of the nose in side view. Top of ear lines up with top of eye/lower eyebrow. Experiment with making the ear a tad smaller if you feel like it.

Centerline of nose could be less sharp as well. Good modeling, and great texture start. Keep up the good work.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 01-03-2005 at 07:41 PM.
# 7 01-03-2005 , 09:41 PM
Thanks for the crit. I will try messing with the ear some more etheir tonight or tomarow. I see what your saying and I agrea. As far as the nose, I still havent joined the two side of the head together and plan on doing some tweaking when I do.
I have atached a pict. of the body I still have not joined the two together and probably will not do so untill I have fineshed texturing the head but I wanted to put it out there so that you guys could give me some crits. He will be waring pants and a muscle shirt so I am not as woried about the stuff that will be covered up. O, and shoes, thats why the feet look so bad.
Thanks again!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by lukedukeofpuke; 04-03-2005 at 07:40 PM.
# 8 02-03-2005 , 06:40 AM
Subscriber
good work! the head looks a bit big for the body though... i think. or the body a bit small for the head of course user added image i dunno... maybe he is just short user added image

Last edited by tiz; 02-03-2005 at 06:52 AM.
# 9 08-03-2005 , 04:52 PM
Hey sorry its been a while , but I am trying to learn how to use SSS shading. I am not determind on using this methode but I am not sure what ellse to use if I want realistic skin. If anybody knows a better or less expensive way to make skin look real let me know. Or if ou know of any good tuts. send them my way thanks. I will try and post some of my progress within the next few days.

# 10 28-03-2005 , 06:56 PM
Sorry it has been an encredably long time since I posted. My Computer crashed and I had allot of shool stuff including spring break. Any way here are some picts of what I have been working on. If you want to see a few more check out my website https://www.lasanchez.zoomshare.com/

Attached Thumbnails

# 11 28-03-2005 , 06:57 PM
Head

Attached Thumbnails

# 12 28-03-2005 , 06:58 PM
Shoes

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by lukedukeofpuke; 28-03-2005 at 07:01 PM.
# 13 28-03-2005 , 10:55 PM
hey...very nice textures man..
I really like the shoes (also very nice brand)

# 14 29-03-2005 , 02:50 PM
What can I do to make this better? I am really trying to become a better artist and need all of your help. Feal free to tottaly pick this apart. How is my modeling? does anything look off? How can I make my textures look better? I know I still nead allot of work but am having trouble figuring out what neads to be done. Thank you!

# 15 29-03-2005 , 05:07 PM
Subscriber
Not getting much critique because it's a very good model. I see only one area that might need correcting. The bicep is point upward while the palms are down. At that view the bicep would be pointing forward. Stick your arm straight out to the side and rotate your wrist and you'll see what I mean.

Very nice texture work, but are these captures or renders? I ask because the jeans look a little blurred.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."